oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

34 minutes ago, CambridgeBoro said:

We need a more offensive Left Wingback, I'd be looking at Ryan Sessegnon on loan from Spurs, not really getting a look in at Spurs, only started 2 games in the Prem. We know how good he is at this level and would offer similar attacking intent to Jones on the opposite flank.

Ryan Manning is a very good LWB at Swansea, he would be my top choice.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

Sorry if it’s been posted already but the Mail says Watford are looking at bringing Tav in before the deadline

For £12m+ they can have him.

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Needs to be attacking from deep as well, just like that.  He isn't as skilful as Jones but he's probably quicker and stronger.  Playing him as a winger was a waste of time for us. I'd have loved to see them pair up as a right back/right winger combo for a season or two but alas it's not meant to be.

I think Jones might be the quicker out of the two, but either way they’re both rapid and not many left backs can match there for speed.

Biggest difference for me is that Jones uses his pace to good effect, and always wants to get past his man. Spence rarely did that at boro which was frustrating because he has the speed to torture defenders. Maybe it was a confidence thing. 

If only one of them was left footed.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Ryan Manning is a very good LWB at Swansea, he would be my top choice.

Another great choice! We need someone on that left side, if Jones and Crooks get marked out of the game then we can't seem to play, just like when Villa put four on Traore to block him out the game.

Jamal Lewis on loan from Newcastle wouldn't be bad either, rather have him than Hendrick. Lewis has only started 4 games for Newcastle.

I looked through the LB/LWB list of players in the Prem and Champ, not a huge amount of options, especially considering most LB's won't offer the same attacking style as Jones.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

Sorry if it’s been posted already but the Mail says Watford are looking at bringing Tav in before the deadline

This wouldn’t be the biggest surprise we are still being linked with a number of midfielders.

Wouldn’t be my choice but he’s one of the few that will raise funds.

maybe old news by now but jack clarke on verge of going on loan to Sunderland, so he did eventually get to play in north east. 

also ,,,,and  im not  saying were interested  stanislas wants out from bournemouth  , very decent winger/AM at this level.

1 hour ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

Toss 50p and a packet of cheese puffs our way and he's theirs.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic