Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - Any other business? 🧐


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Got to say credit where credit is due, I’m hugely impressed with the business we have done so far. The fact that other clubs were willing to pay a higher percentage of Flo’s wages but we were the

Posted Images

I do love our transfer rumours now they are alot more out the box and more well planned. I think we have moved to viewing player recuritment as an investment the cost isn't nattering as much. 

Edited by DurhamRed
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Yes, I know its only October!

But I found this:

https://www.torcedores.com/noticias/2021/10/lateral-do-internacional-entra-na-mira-de-clubes-da-inglaterra-e-italia

We are apparently monitoring Heitor, a 20 year old full back from Internatcional.

'The biggest enthusiast for the hiring is coach Neil Warnock who has been following the young man's career.'

*** off honestly 🤣

 

I think we are nailed on to buy a right back for 5 million Euros in January.  

  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Changing Times said:

'The biggest enthusiast for the hiring is coach Neil Warnock who has been following the young man's career.'

*** off honestly 🤣

 

I think we are nailed on to buy a right back for 5 million Euros in January.  

I would have had the same outlook if someone had told us in May we'd be signing an Argentinean prospect for 6 mil. Stranger things have happened 🤷‍♂️

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I would have had the same outlook if someone had told us in May we'd be signing an Argentinean prospect for 6 mil. Stranger things have happened 🤷‍♂️

And I'd point out that Warnock knew nowt at all about him before he was told about him, the same goes for this lad as well.

Hey, if we've got 5m to spend on another right back to go with all of the right backs we already have then great stuff.  Me, I'd use it on a midfielder probably, maybe even another left back but 20 year old right backs from Brazil do make a lot of sense for us right now 🤔

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Changing Times said:

And I'd point out that Warnock knew nowt at all about him before he was told about him, the same goes for this lad as well.

Hey, if we've got 5m to spend on another right back to go with all of the right backs we already have then great stuff.  Me, I'd use it on a midfielder probably, maybe even another left back but 20 year old right backs from Brazil do make a lot of sense for us right now 🤔

Yeah fair, I'm sure it would be Scott going after this lad if this story is genuine. Can't imagine Warnock is an avid follower of Brazilian youth football. 🤣

Still, could be some truth to it even if they've added a load of *** about Warnock. If we sold Spence on in the summer this lad might be seen as an investment that we could turn into a profit in future. That would seem to be the model Scott would work towards anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Yeah fair, I'm sure it would be Scott going after this lad if this story is genuine. Can't imagine Warnock is an avid follower of Brazilian youth football. 🤣

Still, could be some truth to it even if they've added a load of *** about Warnock. If we sold Spence on in the summer this lad might be seen as an investment that we could turn into a profit in future. That would seem to be the model Scott would work towards anyway.

We'd need to sell Spence first though, and he's rubbish!!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is asking wtf is going on with Sammy Ameobi appropriate on this transfer thread given he still essentially a new signing?

The last update we had from NW about 6 weeks ago was along the lines of “nobody in the medical world can tell us what is wrong with him but its his knee but not the bad knee. Its the other knee”.

To quote @Changing Times “*** off”.

I refuse to believe that the club still does not know whats wrong with him 4 months on. There is something going on there which the club are just refusing to tell us about in my view.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TLF10 said:

Is asking wtf is going on with Sammy Ameobi appropriate on this transfer thread given he still essentially a new signing?

The last update we had from NW about 6 weeks ago was along the lines of “nobody in the medical world can tell us what is wrong with him but its his knee but not the bad knee. Its the other knee”.

To quote @Changing Times “*** off”.

I refuse to believe that the club still does not know whats wrong with him 4 months on. There is something going on there which the club are just refusing to tell us about in my view.

One of the world's great mysteries that one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Is asking wtf is going on with Sammy Ameobi appropriate on this transfer thread given he still essentially a new signing?

The last update we had from NW about 6 weeks ago was along the lines of “nobody in the medical world can tell us what is wrong with him but its his knee but not the bad knee. Its the other knee”.

To quote @Changing Times “*** off”.

I refuse to believe that the club still does not know whats wrong with him 4 months on. There is something going on there which the club are just refusing to tell us about in my view.

I don’t think there is anything in particular going on. My guess is that he is just completely crocked and will not play for us ever

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I don’t think there is anything in particular going on. My guess is that he is just completely crocked and will not play for us ever

He is being prepared as our new manager next season? 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe what's happened is the Ameobi Experiment.  We signed him and then tried to make him invisible to opposition players.  Something went wrong with the experiment however, and whilst to anyone looking on we did indeed make him disappear, he is not actually invisible, but has in fact travelled through time to the year 1984.  Or, he has a dicky knee.  Could be either 🤷‍♂️

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Maybe what's happened is the Ameobi Experiment.  We signed him and then tried to make him invisible to opposition players.  Something went wrong with the experiment however, and whilst to anyone looking on we did indeed make him disappear, he is not actually invisible, but has in fact travelled through time to the year 1984.  Or, he has a dicky knee.  Could be either 🤷‍♂️

Or as someone who allegedly loved his particularly young fresh Oats so much he was actually named after them once said "I am just going outside and may be some time." 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Smogzilla changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - Any other business? 🧐

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • Check out the love between Crooks & Payero. Makes me warm and fuzzy inside.
    • The club themselves probably won't come out and make any public statements about the ongoing thing because it gives their side something to argue with. When the Derby fans picked up on the FMTTM post, immediately it was sent to the administrators so they were aware of it. They want the narrative to change and as much as I'd hate to see Derby go out of business, they are playing dirty from a very risky position. The fans are desperate, they're still messaging our fan groups for us to do something about it. I think they're being left in the dark about the entire situation by both sides though. Right now, going by what Simon Jordan said the other day, us and Wycombe are waiting for an offer from the Derby end to try and settle the problem. Also, listening to him speak about it made it sound like the administrators are just trying to do their best to make the club a good asset to sell. The whole thing about them using the government's COVID scheme to push back their debts then putting the club into administration to write them off was seemingly just as dirty a tactic as Morris has been getting up to all along to essentially give the club a way of coming back significantly stronger with any half-decent investor. Walking into a debt-free football club sounds like Christmas day which is exactly why Mr. Ashley is sniffing around and is even willing to make a deal with us to get it done. Gibson looks like he's trying to make sure it's not as easy as that and if they want to do it, they'll have to give us something and quick.
    • Thanks for the welcome. No idea where you get Colchester from (lol), live just outside Stokesley, 20 minutes from the Riverside Stadium.
    • Surely the club are going to have to come out and clarify their position on this Derby issue at some point very soon...? Derby fans are (understandably) going to fight tooth and nail to save their club, and at the moment they're controlling the narrative around the whole thing. I worry we will soon be painted as villains in the media, 'trying to liquidate a club meaning a town loses its football team and people lose their jobs etc.' To be clear I'm not saying it's as black and white as that - but that's the story that's being painted on social media with petitions etc, and calls for MPs to get involved. February 12th has the potential to kick off massively when they visit the Riverside and I'm concerned this whole debacle is going to start detracting from what Boro should be getting discussed for - a great turnaround in form and a genuine shot at going up. If Gibson doesn't have a rock solid defence of what's going on I'd rather we just dropped it and focussed on the football. 

×
×
  • Create New...