oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

20 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Talk of Coulson and Spence has me wondering whether the other loanees could contribute for this manager. Wing and Akpom are out of the picture at the moment but are still our players come the end of the season. As well as the other young lads, there's Brynn, Hemming, Wood, Robinson, Hackney, Walker and Burrell all out on loan at the moment. Wood especially may have a real chance of making it under this manager. McNair, Fry and Wood as a back 3 may well work. Stoj is out in the cold too though with Lumley and Daniels around, him as well as the young keepers will have trouble getting their place in the team you'd imagine.

Hemmings has been great so far, Brynn has been good too, but in a poorer team.

Expect at least 1 of them to be challenging for the first team next year. 

Is Brad James still injured?

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Football league World saying West Ham monitoring Fry & QPRs Rob Dickie after Ogbonnas ACL injury.

Yes, we can read the tweet😘 Joking aside I find it odd that WH would follow an injured Fry to replace and injured player. They are battling for a Champions League place so I can't really see them fish for a championship defender. Looks like Ogbonna is out for the season so I imagine WH are after someone of a higher caliber.

6 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Yes, we can read the tweet😘 Joking aside I find it odd that WH would follow an injured Fry to replace and injured player. They are battling for a Champions League place so I can't really see them fish for a championship defender. Looks like Ogbonna is out for the season so I imagine WH are after someone of a higher caliber.

Ogbonna will be 34 and his contract is up at the end of the season. I suspect they're gonna be moving on from him one way or another. They may in the short term promote from within their existing ranks and be after someone cheaper to challenge for the first team. They have Dawson, Diop and just spent big money on Zouma in the summer so adding Dickie or Fry in there could make some sense. Not so sure about Dickie but Fry can still improve.

Think it's all a moot point though as I still don't think Fry leaves unless we refuse to renew his contract.

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Sometimes I know the embedding can be finicky and doesn't always load, so thought I'd type it out for those who get those issues 😛

Hoping Wilder can make Fry an integral part of the team. As Wilson said, he has scope for improvement and I think he'd be more use to Boro, rather than warming the bench / making the odd appearance for the Hammers.

As Borodane said, for a team thats challenging for the CL places (at least) and possibly even for the PL title, I'd have thought they would have their sights set higher.

Not sure a prem team will go for Fry. Soutter seems to be the one they are all looking at .

I haven’t checked but someone the other day said Fry misses about a quarter of a season every year with injuries.

in  better news we won’t be signing Rodwell.

Edited by GrimsbyBoro

Three ruptured achilles at 25 years old. Certainly not a good omen. Think I'd rather just stick with Wood as competition/backup but then again I know nothing about this lad, so perhaps he's fine now and doing well. But doesn't sound like the kind of player you can rely on in a potential 50+ games season.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Three ruptured achilles at 25 years old. Certainly not a good omen. Think I'd rather just stick with Wood as competition/backup but then again I know nothing about this lad, so perhaps he's fine now and doing well. But doesn't sound like the kind of player you can rely on in a potential 50+ games season.

If it's a repeat injury like that, surely its just a ticking time bomb to happen again? Although I'm not a medical expert... just ask my patients.

• Haha 5
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic