oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

There’s a lot of hype around Payero but I’ve seen nothing to justify the hype yet. Not to say he isn’t a quality player, I’ve just not seen it yet. Certainly doesn’t deserve a spot in the team right now.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Humpty said:

There’s a lot of hype around Payero but I’ve seen nothing to justify the hype yet. Not to say he isn’t a quality player, I’ve just not seen it yet. Certainly doesn’t deserve a spot in the team right now.

He did have a run in the team at one point. Think he should have got about 5 assists in a few games if our players were decent at finishing

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

He did have a run in the team at one point. Think he should have got about 5 assists in a few games if our players were decent at finishing

I know he did. My point stands.

1 hour ago, Naisby said:

The club is actively shopping Uche about, Wilder publicly said he was available, Unless I’m wrong it’s just us on here that are actively trying to sell Hall.

Just what i've heard thats all, about Hall

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

We definitely don't/didn't have the 5th highest wage bill. 

Not many high earners in our squad now at all. 

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Yeah that sounded wrong to me too. I’d guess Fulham, wba, Bournemouth, Sheffield, Stoke, Forest are above us and then you have teams like Reading and Swansea who could also well be above us this season. 

It was the Gazette that printed it when Warnock left. Gibson’s gift is on £18k a week when he was about £2.50 in Argentina so I wouldn’t be surprised. 

Since then Taylor, Connelly, Balogun, McGree have all been added. That’s probably close to 100k a week added. 

52 minutes ago, Humpty said:

He gets better every week he doesn’t play. I think people desperately want him to succeed. In one game he did virtually nothing for 80 mins had a good 10 and that’s all the talk was about.

I hope he does well for us but there nothing so far to justify the money spent on him or diverting funds the manager wanted to use elsewhere. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Since then Taylor, Connelly, Balogun, McGree have all been added. That’s probably close to 100k a week added

How much do you think we're paying these guys, jesus christ man. It won't be anywhere near 100k a week for those 4 players.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

How much do you think we're paying these guys, jesus christ man. It won't be anywhere near 100k a week for those 4 players.

Given that we're paying £6k a week of Baloguns the others must be on scary money.

2 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Well it was reported we were paying all of Baloguns 40k a week wage, That’s not a lot left to make up.

twitter rumours, and journalists guesses don't count as facts

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Well it was reported we were paying all of Baloguns 40k a week wage, That’s not a lot left to make up.

okay that makes more sense mate. Just out of date info! turns out we are only paying 15% so about 6k p/w for Balogun 🙂

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I hope he does well for us but there nothing so far to justify the money spent on him or diverting funds the manager wanted to use elsewhere. 

Real shame Warnock didn't get to sign up more players that we'd now be trying to get rid of.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

And it was then widely reported once the gransfer was complete that we were paying 6k a week.

And you say it wouldn't be much to make up, but it'd still be an average of 20k each per week, which I doubt we're paying any of them.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic