Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - Any other business? 🧐


Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I think we won a medical award of some description during Karankas time, that does ring a bell

When Bryan English joined from Chelsea. He's since gone back to Chelsea and he's their medical director.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Got to say credit where credit is due, I’m hugely impressed with the business we have done so far. The fact that other clubs were willing to pay a higher percentage of Flo’s wages but we were the

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I read yesterday that Andy Carrol is on £1,000 a week at Reading due to the FA sanctions. Really surprised we didn’t make a move for him under Warnock.

Made his first start for them and scored before going off injured, consistent is Andy!

Link to post
Share on other sites

@diggerlad07 have you heard anything about the alleged FC Copenhagen links that were bandied about in the summer and that we had been to some of their games. It sounds like they are expecting to do some wheeling and dealing. I remember that someone mentioned we were interested in Jonas Wind and I never thought - and still don't think- that he is a realistic option, but he has since lost a bit of form and have now said that he could be willing to move on in the january window. There haven't really been any clubs mentioned and I think the general feeling is that he is now available for around 7-9 mil. pounds. With  the way we are set up now under Wilder I reckon he would fit right in. Technically very good and a hard worker. A bit like Sporar but a lot stronger and much better with his head. He would certainly be an upgrade.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember mentioning him last year as someone that I had heard mentioned, but that was before Scott, so have no idea if it would still apply. At that price, it would probably be a bit of a stretch, but I suppose might be just about doable..  what is his attitude/injury history etc?

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

I remember mentioning him last year as someone that I had heard mentioned, but that was before Scott, so have no idea if it would still apply. At that price, it would probably be a bit of a stretch, but I suppose might be just about doable..  what is his attitude/injury history etc?

His physique is great and always hard working. Never stops running and likes to drop a bit deep to participate. Very hard to get the ball from. As an opposing fan he can come across as a.bit of someone who believes his own hype too much. 
Muchael Uhre will also be available on the cheap as his contract runs out in the summer. Last seasons league top scorer and leading the charts again. I’ll be honest I never rated him but he’s come on leaps and bounds these last two years. His team plays 3-5-2 too so he would fit right in. But if the same career trajectory as Pukki has at Brondby. Blistering pace and has developed his finishing very well. Could be a fee as low as 1-1,5 million pounds. This is his chance to move abroad so I doubt he is signing a new contract. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

His physique is great and always hard working. Never stops running and likes to drop a bit deep to participate. Very hard to get the ball from. As an opposing fan he can come across as a.bit of someone who believes his own hype too much. 
Muchael Uhre will also be available on the cheap as his contract runs out in the summer. Last seasons league top scorer and leading the charts again. I’ll be honest I never rated him but he’s come on leaps and bounds these last two years. His team plays 3-5-2 too so he would fit right in. But if the same career trajectory as Pukki has at Brondby. Blistering pace and has developed his finishing very well. Could be a fee as low as 1-1,5 million pounds. This is his chance to move abroad so I doubt he is signing a new contract. 

Think West Ham want him currently 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Sounds like we'll be in the market for a keeper (or two) unless someone impresses Wilder this month. 

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19754120.chris-wilder-issues-challenge-middlesbroughs-goalkeepers/

Is Wilder a manager that prioritises keepers that can play it out from the back? Neither Henderson nor Ramsdale had a good pass accuracy whilst at Sheffield which then improved when they left for other clubs so would assume he prefers a no-nonsense shot stopper who gets the ball up the pitch quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Is Wilder a manager that prioritises keepers that can play it out from the back? Neither Henderson nor Ramsdale had a good pass accuracy whilst at Sheffield which then improved when they left for other clubs so would assume he prefers a no-nonsense shot stopper who gets the ball up the pitch quickly.

He said he just wants one that "stops the ball going into the net" 😁

After this season I'm inclined to agree 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Foogle said:

Is Wilder a manager that prioritises keepers that can play it out from the back? Neither Henderson nor Ramsdale had a good pass accuracy whilst at Sheffield which then improved when they left for other clubs so would assume he prefers a no-nonsense shot stopper who gets the ball up the pitch quickly.

Boss your area, control the back line, save shots, prevent goals. If they can pass, fine it’s a bonus but I don’t rate passing a priority. I see team progression as when Tav decision making improves, stops taking the extra touch, shot accuracy and scoring goals. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-sheffield-wednesday-ace-attracting-interest-from-west-brom-middlesbrough-blackburn-rovers-stoke-city-and-hull-city/

"EXCLUSIVE: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY ACE ATTRACTING INTEREST FROM WEST BROM, MIDDLESBROUGH, BLACKBURN ROVERS, STOKE CITY AND HULL CITY

Sheffield Wednesday talisman Josh Windass has been scouted by a number of Championship clubs heading into the January transfer window, Football League World can exclusively reveal."

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-sheffield-wednesday-ace-attracting-interest-from-west-brom-middlesbrough-blackburn-rovers-stoke-city-and-hull-city/

"EXCLUSIVE: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY ACE ATTRACTING INTEREST FROM WEST BROM, MIDDLESBROUGH, BLACKBURN ROVERS, STOKE CITY AND HULL CITY

Sheffield Wednesday talisman Josh Windass has been scouted by a number of Championship clubs heading into the January transfer window, Football League World can exclusively reveal."

Was getting a bit worried there with our yearly link to Windass not appearing 😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Smogzilla changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - Any other business? 🧐

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • Clearly Payero does feel involved and that bodes so well, even Paddy went up to him. Real bond developing it seems
    • Not sure I agree with that. If it was a race and we were leading Derby until the final lap and then tripped over our own shoelaces, and that that's the only reason they finished ahead of us, obviously it's our fault that we didn't beat them. But if it then turned out that Derby were on performance enhancing drugs they'd have been disqualified even though it was ultimately our own actions that cost us the race. Obviously their massive coordinated cheating of FFP would be the performance enhancing drugs.   Pulis *** up massively to cost us a play-off spot that looked assured, but the only team that was even close to us outside of the top 5 was a Derby side that cheated consistently. Even after our 6 defeats in a row, the team in 8th finished 3 points behind us, the team in 9th was 7 points behind.
    • Jordan had said he'd spoken to people at all ends, I think. Gibson, Morris and the administrator. He seems to count all as either decent people or friends but had stuff to say about Morris' handling of it. He also said knowing Gibson as long as he has, he wouldn't make a fuss about something were there not some justification for it. For me personally, the big thing is looking back at the season in question. Thinking we should be due any kind of compensation for that season is hard. It entirely fits in with the narrative Pulis had after his last game, the whole 'finishing 7th better than 5th the year before'. I have a hard time accepting that finish was anything but our own fault but in fighting this case, we are saying it is in some way Derby's because of their cheating. I don't honestly think there's enough there in sporting terms to suggest they put themselves in a significantly difficult position to best and Pulis was certainly getting paid enough to justify him doing better with the squad we had. But that's just the emotional side of it for me. Reading what Rob Nichols told us and what Jordan has said certainly opens your eyes to how essentially evil the situation remains from a Derby perspective. I still hate Morris for what he's done and I hate the idea they could fight their way out of their situation this season or even look remotely rosy next season. I don't want them to disappear, I'll feel some sense of relief if/when they get bought. But so long as they reach that stage, I'll have them under my own 'intense scrutiny'.
    • Love this from the cameraman, UTB.
    • Interesting... I did hear the Jordan comments but don't fully understand the technicalities of the whole Derby becoming debt-free and returning stronger thing. Was news to me that the £45m thing was *** (I guess Simon may have heard that from Steve himself...?) I just hope it doesn't dissolve into "Boro are trying to kill Derby" and we get piled on... which is the narrative they're clearly desperate to create. We all know what football fans and pundits are like and most people won't read or understand the details. I'm a Boro fan and I still admit to not fully getting some of it. 

×
×
  • Create New...