oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Honestly though, if some of those names actually hit the market it's gonna be mad, there's some big players in there..

Ben Brereton Diaz
Jed Wallace
David Brooks (Hope he gets the all clear soon!)
Sam Johnstone
John Swift
Nick Powell
Fabio Carvalho
Kristian Pedersen
Graeme Shinnie
Siriki Dembele
Josh Laurent

These are all names that I think have proved to have quality in this league and could offer us something.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Honestly though, if some of those names actually hit the market it's gonna be mad, there's some big players in there..

Ben Brereton Diaz
Jed Wallace
David Brooks (Hope he gets the all clear soon!)
Sam Johnstone
John Swift
Nick Powell
Fabio Carvalho
Kristian Pedersen
Graeme Shinnie
Siriki Dembele
Josh Laurent

These are all names that I think have proved to have quality in this league and could offer us something.

just seen this a list of out of contract players haha, forget what i said

Edited by tmcc

Not saying all of this will happen but in an ideal world I think this is what Wilder would like:

OUT

1. Stojanovic

2. Lumley

3. Hall

4. La Saliki

5. Onel

6. Browne: Loan

7. Olusanya: Loan or nominal

8. Coburn: Loan

9. Uche

IN:

1. New GK

2. LB (or taylor until end of season)

3. CM (to replace Saliki)

4. Striker x2

* Spence to return on loan

17 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Not saying all of this will happen but in an ideal world I think this is what Wilder would like:

OUT

1. Stojanovic

2. Lumley

3. Hall

4. La Saliki

5. Onel

6. Browne: Loan

7. Olusanya: Loan or nominal

8. Coburn: Loan

9. Uche

IN:

1. New GK

2. LB (or taylor until end of season)

3. CM (to replace Saliki)

4. Striker x2

* Spence to return on loan

If you add a CH I would agree with you.

14 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

If you add a CH I would agree with you.

I was thinking he will look for a left footed CH too but then we have 6 of Fry Bamba Paddy Peltier Dijksteel and Wood. And thats before we mention possibly the departing Hall. He might wait until summer when Bamba and Peltier contracts end.

But he places great importance on a left footed CB and I do think long term back 3 will be:

Paddy-Fry-New CH

14 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I wonder if Rodon, would be a realistic loan target for us. A left footed centre half, was highly rated at Swansea before his move, getting no gametime at Spurs and reportedly open to a move.

Brilliant shout that one pal.

I'd still like to see Bola given time as LCB. Think his attributes suit more to that role rather than WB. Don't think he quite has the attacking nous and creativity although he is quite a technically gifted footballer so here's hoping he can learn it. 

33 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I wonder if Rodon, would be a realistic loan target for us. A left footed centre half, was highly rated at Swansea before his move, getting no gametime at Spurs and reportedly open to a move.

Think he’s actually right footed. Could be wrong

21 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Yeah you are right, I had him as left footed in my head. Think because he plays on the left of a back 2, on the rare occasion he has played for Spurs, got me muddled.

Still… if he’s good there. Don’t like to go over old news but it is a shame we didn’t somehow manage to get Gibson back. Would be perfect fit 

1 hour ago, Dan1234 said:

I'd still like to see Bola given time as LCB. Think his attributes suit more to that role rather than WB. Don't think he quite has the attacking nous and creativity although he is quite a technically gifted footballer so here's hoping he can learn it. 

He can do a job for us a LWB at this level. I'd like to bring in someone that's an upgrade personally whether it's a priority or not is another question. I'm not sold on him as a centre half.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic