oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

The Telegraph are linking us and QPR with Rangers' Jack Simpson. He's a left footed CB so sounds exactly what we need in defence to add balance there. At 24 year old he's the right age also.

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

I'd take a punt on Andreas Maxsø from Denamrk. Contract is running out so will be available for around 1 million. Plays comfortably in a back three, can use both feet and very good on the ball. But with Fry coming back I can't see us paying for a central defender even if we should move Hall on. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, p_mards said:

The Telegraph are linking us and QPR with Rangers' Jack Simpson. He's a left footed CB so sounds exactly what we need in defence to add balance there. At 24 year old he's the right age also.

Weren't we linked with him when he was at Bournemouth?

I guess if we go for the two for each position then the squad would need 6 CB’s. 

Wilder has been talking about January and is quoted in the gazette as saying 

“Listen, there might be some deals at the back end of the window, but we’re working on deals now to be ready for that FA Cup game at Mansfield, which is the first possible game.

We want the majority or as much of the business done for then, or certainly in time for the first league game after that.”

Can’t help but think good luck with that - it’s the type of rhetoric we here every window. This will be an early test for the new guys behind the scenes and perhaps a barometer of where things really are in the new golden age.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I guess if we go for the two for each position then the squad would need 6 CB’s. 

Wilder has been talking about January and is quoted in the gazette as saying 

“Listen, there might be some deals at the back end of the window, but we’re working on deals now to be ready for that FA Cup game at Mansfield, which is the first possible game.

We want the majority or as much of the business done for then, or certainly in time for the first league game after that.”

Can’t help but think good luck with that - it’s the type of rhetoric we here every window. This will be an early test for the new guys behind the scenes and perhaps a barometer of where things really are in the new golden age.

I think it depends where the signings are coming from. He's mentioned how good his contacts are with the top teams and about utilising the loan market. Those teams will want their players to go out as early as possible in Jan to get a chance to work their way into the team early enough to make a real impact in the second half of the season, so it makes sense for everyone involved to get them out on the 1st of Jan.

If you are playing with overlapping centre backs I'm sure Howson and McNair could fill in if we had injuries as could most full backs. We don't need 6 in the squad, you'd never keep everyone happy. 

On 12/6/2021 at 11:51 AM, TeaCider24 said:

The problem with leaving Spence where he is is that it's strengthening a direct rival without any great benefit to us.

Forest are only a point below us right now, and could easily be ahead of us by January.

They are now above us.

Get him recalled.

3 hours ago, Duvel said:

If you are playing with overlapping centre backs I'm sure Howson and McNair could fill in if we had injuries as could most full backs. We don't need 6 in the squad, you'd never keep everyone happy. 

Wilder does not want people to fill in. I made this point before but he had Connell as a left sided CB and went and got Jack Robinson and at his unveiling said we need Robinson because if we lose Connell people can come in but it affects the balance of the team.

So I think in an ideal world he wants 2 for each positon and if we unfortunate and lose 2 players from same position then he will accept someone will need to “fill in”

3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Wilder does not want people to fill in. I made this point before but he had Connell as a left sided CB and went and got Jack Robinson and at his unveiling said we need Robinson because if we lose Connell people can come in but it affects the balance of the team.

So I think in an ideal world he wants 2 for each positon and if we unfortunate and lose 2 players from same position then he will accept someone will need to “fill in”

I don't see us having 6 centre backs in the squad unless a couple of them are young lads on the fringes of the squad. 

29 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I don't see us having 6 centre backs in the squad unless a couple of them are young lads on the fringes of the squad. 

We currently have 5 even excluding Wood plus Dijksteel and Bola slotting in.

Fry, McNair, Hall, Bamba, Peltier.

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

We currently have 5 even excluding Wood plus Dijksteel and Bola slotting in.

Fry, McNair, Hall, Bamba, Peltier.

Hasn't Peltier spent most of his career at full back? 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic