oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

Seeing stuff like this just boils my ***. I didn't know why we loaned out Spence at the time and it just annoys me even more now. All because Warnock couldn't get a tune out of him or didn't like him.

The same Matty Cash who went to Villa for 15m. No doubt he won't want to come back here and we'll end up selling him for about 3m in January.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Seeing stuff like this just boils my ***. I didn't know why we loaned out Spence at the time and it just annoys me even more now. All because Warnock couldn't get a tune out of him or didn't like him.

The same Matty Cash who went to Villa for 15m. No doubt he won't want to come back here and we'll end up selling him for about 3m in January.

It was obvious the level of talent djed has, it has been since he came into the team under woodgate. Just as obvious as it was that Warnock didn't have a clue how to use him - he was playing him right wing, left wing, right back, right ring back... Never had a run at one position as well as being in and out of the team. This made it impossible for him to progress and perfect a role, which he has done very quickly since moving to forest.

Fans turned on him here very quickly without taking all this (plus his age) into account and the same thing is happening with Tav right now. 

• Like 6

On 1/28/2021 at 12:24 PM, boksicdink said:

I really think Djed Spence has been really poor and only heightens the loss of Dijksteel.

Spence was playing right back yesterday and at one point was losing the ball on the left wing in open play.

If anyone wants Spence, we should cash in because I just dont think the lad has any positional sense at all, just a liability at this point. 

obviously this was some time ago, but it was one of many posts in a similar vein from a number of posters. Sometimes a loan like this can make the world of difference in a player and our job now will be getting Scott to convince Djed that we really want him here, he would probably have been in the team regularly given the injury list, just like last year, so we MIGHT have been seeing him do well here, who knows. Question is, have we changed our minds on him. Keep (if we can) or sell?

Somehow managed to post this in wrong thread so have copied and pasted..  not a dig at anyone just a question

19 minutes ago, Weasel said:

If Forest do make a bid for Spence, this is were Steve Gibson (not Warnock) puts his sensible head on and tells Forest sorry he's not for sale whether Warnock likes that decision or not.  

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

On 1/28/2021 at 12:24 PM, boksicdink said:

I really think Djed Spence has been really poor and only heightens the loss of Dijksteel.

Spence was playing right back yesterday and at one point was losing the ball on the left wing in open play.

If anyone wants Spence, we should cash in because I just dont think the lad has any positional sense at all, just a liability at this point. 

obviously this was some time ago, but it was one of many posts in a similar vein from a number of posters. Sometimes a loan like this can make the world of difference in a player and our job now will be getting Scott to convince Djed that we really want him here, he would probably have been in the team regularly given the injury list, just like last year, so we MIGHT have been seeing him do well here, who knows. Question is, have we changed our minds on him. Keep (if we can) or sell?

Somehow managed to post this in wrong thread so have copied and pasted..  not a dig at anyone just a question

Two transfer threads now, you're gonna confuse a lot of people OC 😛

6 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I am hoping that after our next game and with international break straight after NW does the honourable thing and walks. Either that our SG gives NW the push. This cannot continue!

If, and it's a big IF, NW is sacked it won't be by SG. Kieran Scott has been brought in to do that job.

27 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Two transfer threads now, you're gonna confuse a lot of people OC 😛

Just thinking about it, It may just be time to lock old threads, as I was obviously the first to be confused 🙂

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If, and it's a big IF, NW is sacked it won't be by SG. Kieran Scott has been brought in to do that job.

I suspect as with hiring a manager, Scott cannot make significant decisions without financial approval from the board. He surely still has to fight his corner in the board-room on a few matters regardless of how much control we are handing over to him.

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Absolutely no way that a manager gets sacked at this club without Gibson sanctioning it.  It's just not how things work in football or business.

No way it happens at any football club without the owner at least rubber stamping it.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic