oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

1 hour ago, Riverside94 said:

Ironically. When I think of a left footer who could play CB and have the ability to overlap… date I say… George Friend 

I don't think George can overlap any more - he's more likely to be lapped!

He was arguably the best LB we've had in my time supporting the Boro, and a great player on his day, but that day was several seasons ago. His legs had gone even before we sold him, and I haven't seen much from his time at Birmingham to suggest we made a mistake letting him go.

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Newcastle are ready to offer 20 million for Stokes Tyrese Campbell. I think they should offer us that for Tav instead🙂

Picture the scene. It's the final game of next season. Boro and Newcastle are scrapping it out for the second automatic promotion spot, with Norwich having already sewn up the Championship title with an unprecedented 110 points. We visit St James's in a winner-takes-all shootout. Tav steps up to take an 89th-minute free kick, 25 yards out, wearing the loathsome stripes of the skunks.

Does he score? Could you live with the irony if he buried it in the top corner? (Could you stop laughing if he skied it into the Gallowgate and smacked a fat Geordie in the face?)

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, LBP said:

Anyone know why Yan Dhanda can't get a look in at Swansea? Always liked the look of him and out of contract in the summer

Always thought he was a bit like that Jota for Brum or Fabbrini. Look decent but overall impact on the game is very limited. 

42 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Picture the scene. It's the final game of next season. Boro and Newcastle are scrapping it out for the second automatic promotion spot, with Norwich having already sewn up the Championship title with an unprecedented 110 points. We visit St James's in a winner-takes-all shootout. Tav steps up to take an 89th-minute free kick, 25 yards out, wearing the loathsome stripes of the skunks.

Does he score? Could you live with the irony if he buried it in the top corner? (Could you stop laughing if he skied it into the Gallowgate and smacked a fat Geordie in the face?)

I would take that potential scene if we got 20 million for him now. It won't happen anyway because Newcastle will join Sunderland in League 1 as the saudi despot loses interest when they get relegated this season and they are left to support themselves without any bloodmoney.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

I would take that potential scene if we got 20 million for him now. It won't happen anyway because Newcastle will join Sunderland in League 1 as the saudi despot loses interest when they get relegated this season and they are left to support themselves without any bloodmoney.

God, I hope you're right!

16 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I wonder where these Championship Clubs are going to get the money from to afford his wages? 

Newcastle might be happy to cover his wages if it means they can clear a space in their squad to bring in a big gun in January 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Newcastle might be happy to cover his wages if it means they can clear a space in their squad to bring in a big gun in January 

Exactly. If they want rid money isn’t an issue. Could offer a promotion bonus to sweeten the deal. 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic