oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Sorry if im way out the loop but isnt there a free agent left footed cb that can play wing back whos just been released by shef u recently ? I remember us being linked but cant remember his name , that deal might happen now if he hasnt been snapped up by someone else as CW will know him well and we need cover at lwb

2 minutes ago, Boromadman said:

Sorry if im way out the loop but isnt there a free agent left footed cb that can play wing back whos just been released by shef u recently ? I remember us being linked but cant remember his name , that deal might happen now if he hasnt been snapped up by someone else as CW will know him well and we need cover at lwb

Kean Bryan. Went to West Brom a while ago I think

42 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I think a left footed centre half will be at the top of his list. If he wants to play the overlapping centre half system then its imperative he gets one, otherwise it won't work. Also back up LWB, maybe even a starter if Bola can't get himself fit.

I might be stupid but could somebody please explain to me what they mean by overlapping centre half? How does it work? How's it different to playing just 3 at the back?

3 minutes ago, liambell42 said:

I might be stupid but could somebody please explain to me what they mean by overlapping centre half? How does it work? How's it different to playing just 3 at the back?

The centerback literally overlaps the wingbacks in attack, which should give an advantage, as none of the opponents defenders have the overlapping cb as their man

12 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

The centerback literally overlaps the wingbacks in attack, which should give an advantage, as none of the opponents defenders have the overlapping cb as their man

Paddy will be that man for us I think and he has a good delivery on him for an over lapping CB.

20 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I just had a watch of this and he comes across as the kind of man open to different situations, has regrets about how he handled his time at Sheffield United at the end and yet admits he is in the position to be selective now. There's reason to watch this and believe the man is open to working under the structure we want given that we have a bunch of things he wants out of a club already, i.e. a decent group of players and especially the quality of the facilities.

Was also watching a Tifo vid about the Sheffield United approach during his time there, from the first season in the Prem. And basically, I hope he brings Alan Knill with him and that him taking up the role with Wales doesn't prevent him from coming in too. Or else we could end up with another Monk/Clotet situation.

47 minutes ago, liambell42 said:

Have a watch of the Tifo vid above that Wilson posted it explains how the overlapping cb works

Edited by ABH
6 minutes ago, StokesleyMFC said:

RWB on loan most probable;

Luke Bolton Man City, Yan Valery Southampton, Hoever Wolves. 

LWB cover? Could recall Spence. 

Left footed centre half? Paul Dummett? Doubt Newcastle will want him now. 

Big man up top - Keenan Davis?

Spence is right footed

55 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Its a tactic executed with trust, agile and very fit disciplined players.  A high pressing tactic that also has its own risk. Enjoyable to watch. 

2 hours ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I think a left footed centre half will be at the top of his list. If he wants to play the overlapping centre half system then its imperative he gets one, otherwise it won't work. Also back up LWB, maybe even a starter if Bola can't get himself fit.

Aha! Heralds the return of Ben Gibson.

• Haha 1

Talk of Coulson and Spence has me wondering whether the other loanees could contribute for this manager. Wing and Akpom are out of the picture at the moment but are still our players come the end of the season. As well as the other young lads, there's Brynn, Hemming, Wood, Robinson, Hackney, Walker and Burrell all out on loan at the moment. Wood especially may have a real chance of making it under this manager. McNair, Fry and Wood as a back 3 may well work. Stoj is out in the cold too though with Lumley and Daniels around, him as well as the young keepers will have trouble getting their place in the team you'd imagine.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic