oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

7 hours ago, Humpty said:

I'd file Marcus Browne with Hernandez and Olusanya. He's a wide player that's just not going to suit our shape. Seems a nice guy and all but we may as well move him on if we're not going to use wide attackers.

I dont think Browne is a wide player humpty but think our managers have used him as wide forward in a 4.3.3. He played as a no. 8 and no. 10 for Oxford but that being said I dont think he breaks in to our team under Wilder this season.

Best thing imo for Browne come January is to go on loan and get games under his belt after a year out and come back in summer fully match fit. And take it from there.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

I was looking at possible left footed CB options and the one that stood out was Ben Davies who on a season loan at Sheff Utd from Liverpool. 

And with whats gone at Sheffield United does anyone think a move for him in Jan on a permanent would be good move.

I understand his signing by lfc has become a bit of a comedy moment but he was very highly regarded at Preston and did have lower end PL clubs looking at him and from what I can tell is doing a solid job at Sheff Utd too. 

Just now, TLF10 said:

I was looking at possible left footed CB options and the one that stood out was Ben Davies who on a season loan at Sheff Utd from Liverpool. 

And with whats gone at Sheffield United does anyone think a move for him in Jan on a permanent would be good move.

I understand his signing by lfc has become a bit of a comedy moment but he was very highly regarded at Preston and did have lower end PL clubs looking at him and from what I can tell is doing a solid job at Sheff Utd too. 

I would expect that he is possibly on higher wages than most championship clubs would be willing to pay on a permanent basis @TLF10. Liverpool bought him from Preston when they were going through a defensive crisis so I would imagine that he commanded top dollar knowing he would not get a look in when the injured players returned. 

3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

All I heard about Davies at Sheffield United was pretty bad to be honest. Seemed solid enough at Preston but would probably be quite expensive to buy. I reckon they've probably paid a decent fee to bring him in on loan anyway which means Liverpool almost certainly won't be able to recall him.

3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

@Blanco and @wilsoncgp based on what you said I will cross Ben Davies off my list of targets. I still have nightmares about the last CB we got from Preston. Sean … i! I cant even bring myself to say his name.

It’s alright for you @TLF10 I had to watch him play for Ireland as well 😂

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Humpty said:

I stand corrected. Having said that, I still don’t see where he fits into this team. Maybe as a Tav-lite?

Well Wilder played 3-4-1-2 in the Championship with Duffy as his number 10, Browne could definitely play that role.

50 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I've only seen him playing for Wales and he seems solid enough when he has played. Be decent in the championship with us for example. But his wages would be a problem. 

Ah sorry i was referring to Ben Davies of ex preston who LFC signed last Jan. You are referring to the spurs left back/3rd centre back who are spurs regular. We have no chance with him

4 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Ah sorry i was referring to Ben Davies of ex preston who LFC signed last Jan. You are referring to the spurs left back/3rd centre back who are spurs regular. We have no chance with him

Ah ok I thought he wasnt as bad as you said lol 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic