oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

10 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Yeah can't see it unless we offered like 40 million 

West Ham spent £30m on Zouma only this summer so cant see them making a big money CB signing.

Ogbonna who was Zouma defensive partner suffered a season ending injury so i can well see them wanting another CB so they have 4 again (Zouma, Diop and Dawson current 3). But think that will be a loan or a cheap deal. They link to Ben Davies of Liverpool makes more sense for that reason

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Talking of GKs what do people think of a 6 month loan deal for Tom Heaton? Currently 3rd choice at Utd. He is 35 now but still a very able GK at this level I would imagine.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Talking of GKs what do people think of a 6 month loan deal for Tom Heaton? Currently 3rd choice at Utd. He is 35 now but still a very able GK at this level I would imagine.

I'd rather we signed a permanent keeper tbh but yeah, he's better than anyone we currently have.

On 12/4/2021 at 11:25 PM, TLF10 said:

Had no idea Heaton was that old. Would be great but he's probably on an absolute packet at United for 3rd choice keeper so not sure why they'd loan us him and continue to pay his wages? Not like he's a promising kid needing experience. 

Do we think Jones is going to make the RWB spot his own or do we bring someone in? He's had some good games and is lightning quick, but isn't the strongest player. I could forgive Wilder for bringing in someone new for the role, send Hernadez back and allow Jones to battle for both the RWB spot and the more attacking roles. Get Spence back instead of Hernandez would be a decent switch. I don't really rate Hernadez. Plenty of skill on the ball but no real end product. 

Out: 2 of the keepers, Hernandez, Uche

In: Stiker, RWB, Keeper

6 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Open question to the forum

Who would you expect to see leave in January?

Who would you want to see leave in January?

Hall, Hernandez, Stojanovic

Hall, Hernandez, Stojanovic, Lumley, Uche, Browne (perm.)

Players I want to see leave in January are players that I just don't think suit our style of play anymore, so I just think we should cash in and give Wilder more room to get the players he does want. 

6 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

In: Spence, Balogun, first-choice keeper, LWB competition, LCB competition

Out: Hernandez, Uche, one of the keepers 

Seen some saying Browne out on loan, but I think he'd be good as cover in the forward roles. Better than Hernandez and Uche anyway - who aren't bad but were signed to play in a front 3 which we'll probably never use again. 

Stoj, Hall, Uche with possibly JLS and Hernandez loans terminated. Browne on loan.

Josh on loan. I don’t think he will get a look in under Wilder. 

11 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Expect Dejan, Lumley, Hall, Uche, Lea Siliki

I want those to move on too alongside Hernandez, but I expect Hernandez to stay as he brings a bit of pace and trickery and as he's not our player it won't be so bad for us leaving him on the bench.

28 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Do we think Jones is going to make the RWB spot his own or do we bring someone in? He's had some good games and is lightning quick, but isn't the strongest player. I could forgive Wilder for bringing in someone new for the role, send Hernadez back and allow Jones to battle for both the RWB spot and the more attacking roles. Get Spence back instead of Hernandez would be a decent switch. I don't really rate Hernadez. Plenty of skill on the ball but no real end product. 

In: Stiker, RWB, Keeper

We'll have to see how he progresses through the season, he was one of our better players on Saturday but Spence isn't particularly strong either.

I think Jones seems to have a bit more trickery about him than Spence too.

I'd be recalling Spence and having them battle it out for the shirt, but I doubt Spence will fancy that, might be better off selling and reinvesting.

One thing I noticed about Lumley at half time against Swansea is that he looks like a good player with the ball at his feet. Can’t remember who it was playing long balls to him but he was bringing the ball down without it touching the floor, couple of kick ups and then spraying it 40 yards to the players feet without him having to move. It wasn’t just once either it was for the full half time period. Not saying this makes him a good keeper but It definitely shocked me. After seeing that I’d like to see him get a chance under wilder. But agree with most that we need a new no 1. 

I’d like to see Spence come back and compete with Jones for the RWB slot. 

Id get rid of Uche and probably prefer to use Coburn from the bench as an option. I’m not even that convinced we need an additional striker in all honesty. We have a good option here on the bench with Coburn who is rather use to gain some experience. 

JLS and Stoj are a wasted squad place. 

Uche and Hernandez don’t fit our system in my opinion. 

I honestly don’t see the fixation with Tav and would probably cash in 🤷🏻‍♂️ I realise that’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I just don’t think he’s all that good. If he played for another team I wouldn’t be overly worried if he played against us. 

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

In: Striker, RWB, Keeper

When Wilder came in I thought RWB was a priority and that Jones was a stop gap, more of an attacking winger than a Wingback. But he's put in some monster performances, Saturday he made 6 tackles and is averaging 2.6 tackles per 90. I worry if we bring Spence back in January it might stunt either one of those players trajectory. I thought Jones would be a liability but he's proven anything but, whilst also showing the propensity to improve at RWB.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic