oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

35 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

On a loan untill the end of the season I'd be happy with. But at 32 I'd be unhappy with anything longer really. He is a good player but we have supposed to have moved on from bringing older players on big money here for one last pay day.  

Only one goal in the last 15 months, so it may be a bit doubtful as to how good he actually is these days. So you are right we should never get him on a permanent.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Gayle feels like another one of these players we are linked with every summer.

He is definitely a threat at this level.

I'd imagine he is just one of those players that get linked to any half decent championship team every window. Doesn't see much action and has a very good record in the championship, so it's an easy link to make to any team.

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Only one goal in the last 15 months, so it may be a bit doubtful as to how good he actually is these days. So you are right we should never get him on a permanent.

You beat me to it 'Dane. When was the last time Gayle was actually at it in the Championship? I'd take him on loan until the end of the season, no more.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Humpty said:

You beat me to it 'Dane. When was the last time Gayle was actually at it in the Championship? I'd take him on loan until the end of the season, no more.

3 seasons ago. Got 24 goals and 8 assists in 40 games. Overall has 59 goals in 100 championship games but the last two seasons puts big doubts over his current ability. A loan seems sensible.

• Like 3

I would prefer Balogun on loan over Gayle on loan. Really think Balogun could have the same impact Bamford did here. I follow Arsenal quite a bit so been watching this lad for 2yrs now and he looks very good.

In two minds about Gayle, he's not good enough in the Premier League but he's always been class in the Championship.

The problem is that he's 32 and has had very limited game time in the last 2 years.

If we signed him, I'd fully expect him to be a dud for us given our track record.

On the other hand, I can also fully imagine him going elsewhere and smashing it up, which is just our luck.

• Like 2

I have a simple opinion in that if he can't get into that side, I would rather he wasn't trying to get into ours. He might have been good two years ago, but can we take a risk on him? Has to be better options..  maybe we could make an offer for Je......

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

I would prefer Balogun on loan over Gayle on loan. Really think Balogun could have the same impact Bamford did here. I follow Arsenal quite a bit so been watching this lad for 2yrs now and he looks very good.

Careful, you'll have CT on your back..

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

What’s the news on Hall? I think someone said he was told he should look for a new club but that seems to have been a very quick decision by Wilder. Attitude or just not good enough? 

Wilder said a couple of weeks back Hall had a hamstring injury

• Like 1
5 hours ago, AllBoro10 said:

I think Grant hall is to injury prone and I reckon he may be Available for a loan move come January. Don’t see him playing in this Wilder team.

We need 6 centre backs to play this formation

Dijksteel. Injury prone. Inexperienced as a centre back. Can play RCB only

Fry. Can play CB or back up RCB

Bamba. Ideal back up CB

McNair. Ideal RCB. Back up LCB

Hall. Injury prone. Back up CB

Wood. Potential but not clear if he will make it. Very inexperienced. Probably only RCB

Lee Peltier. Back up RCB. Emergency back up LCB

Given that we don't have a natural LCB and it is unclear whether Wood is good enough to get on the pitch then I can certainly see Hall being offered out to make room for a left footer. Wilder has praised Peltier so I think he'll hold onto him. I think Hall has been decent for us; Warnock's system can easily make defenders look exposed for pace while Hall would probably be just fine in Wilder's more structured system. Thing is that Bamba has been so awesome that it is probably safe to let Hall go if a buyer can be found.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic