oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

11 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Big blow.

I wonder if Jones could try on that side if need be, if we're recalling Spence.

Round pegs in round holes would be my preferred option. Jones has done great at RWB, why upset that by trying to force him to play in an unfamiliar position? If we do recall Spence I think he'll be backup for Jones anyway, can't see Jones playing all of the rest of the games this season.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Round pegs in round holes would be my preferred option. Jones has done great at RWB, why upset that by trying to force him to play in an unfamiliar position? If we do recall Spence I think he'll be backup for Jones anyway, can't see Jones playing all of the rest of the games this season.

Jones is already being converted to an unfamiliar position anyway, given he was a winger until Wilder came in, and half of his career appearances (including for the U23s) were on the left wing.

So I'm not sure it really is a round or a square peg.

But I do think Jones has been largely excellent, so I wouldn't move him unless injuries forced it.

• Like 1

Always a shame to lose a potential 1st team player but Neil Taylor has looked more productive in his one game than Bola has all season. Yes it’s a blow in terms of squad depth but it’s not a huge blow in terms of the way we’ve been playing.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Bola out for up to 2 months, Taylor to sign an extended contract, according to Teesside Live.

Based on what we saw against Bournemouth, I'd say we'll be alright with Taylor.

Taylor looked solid enough against Bournemouth but was unspectacular going forward. I don't think he will be creating many chances directly but was a safe option on the ball and was playing some nice combinations in the build up. Maybe it suits us more having Jones as a very progressive Wingback and Taylor more of a steady hand. Would be nice to get another left footed defender in that could play both Wingback and LCB similar to Dijksteel on the right.

Would anyone consider signing a new LWB and look to move Bola on? Even if it isn't until the end of the season.

Yes hes a decent player at this level but seems to have massive problems staying fit and the unreliability is turning into a big issue for him unfortunately.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Does make me laugh a little.. if Warnock was still in charge fans would be going mental demanding Payero play. 

Warnock was never earning us over 1.6 points her game (he was averaging 1.2). 

Also, since wilder has taken over we've only been behind for a total of 8 mins I think it is? A not fully fit payero hasn't really been the answer off the bench at any stage so far in the last few games that he's been on the bench imo. He'll get his chance. 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Does make me laugh a little.. if Warnock was still in charge fans would be going mental demanding Payero play. 

I'm not sure.

The way Warnock had us set up, Payero would've pretty much had to stick the ball in the net himself (think he actually did once). 

Think he might actually be better suited to playing under Wilder, but since we're doing okay at the moment, he's just going to have to wait for a chance. Hopefully not too long mind.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Aphex_Boro said:

Would anyone consider signing a new LWB and look to move Bola on? Even if it isn't until the end of the season.

Yes hes a decent player at this level but seems to have massive problems staying fit and the unreliability is turning into a big issue for him unfortunately.

I think in the summer it’s something to be considered. Not just for Bola but a few others as well. It doesn’t matter how good you are if you miss a quarter of the season.

However I would wait until the summer to see if there are issues with training or the medical staff/set up.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

The ‘exciting Argentinian wonder kid no one had ever heard of’ not playing for Warnockosaurus because he is a little Britainer was an easy stick to beat Warnock with. 

I am interested to see how he does when/if he gets a run in the team.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

The ‘exciting Argentinian wonder kid no one had ever heard of’ not playing for Warnockosaurus because he is a little Britainer was an easy stick to beat Warnock with. 

I am interested to see how he does when/if he gets a run in the team.

Tbf it's a difficult one right now as all three CMs are playing well. Payero when given his chance needs to shine.

Interested to know though out of the 3 currently in the team which would you drop? 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Tbf it's a difficult one right now as all three CMs are playing well. Payero when given his chance needs to shine.

Interested to know though out of the 3 currently in the team which would you drop? 

I wouldn’t change anything at the minute I think the midfield 3 are doing well but obviously Howson isn’t a long term option.

The jury is still out on Payero for me. He needs to take his chance when it come.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic