oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

19 minutes ago, Brunners said:

You can name at least one, he literally plays for us!

Huh?

Oh...you mean Paddy! He plays for that lot north of the border though, doesn't he? Not Blanco's beloved green shirts.

If memory serves the Republic are going through a pretty bad patch lately, aren't they? Being a ROI international isn't exactly a hallmark of quality these days. Not like the heady times when they could call on the likes of Ray Houghton and Andy Townsend. 😉

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Huh?

Oh...you mean Paddy! He plays for that lot north of the border though, doesn't he? Not Blanco's beloved green shirts.

If memory serves the Republic are going through a pretty bad patch lately, aren't they?

Correct on the first point @AnglianRed but wrong on the second. The Republic are about to rise high in the international world again at long last. A very young vibrant squad now who all want to play for the shirt. Exciting times ahead for us

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Personally I wouldn't for those very reasons, leadership involves setting standards and ruthlessly enforcing them as Beckham discovered with Fergie, nobody is bigger than the Club.

You wouldn’t sign Phil foden or even grealish? 

10 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Deary me, how negative are folk. Let's give the lad a chance. He's young. Would you not sign Grealish or Foden? Both have behaved terribly over the last year.

Let's see what Wilder can do with him. He looked great in his first PL games. Hopefully we can rebuild him. Likely to be back up to Watmore and Sprorar so low risk but gives us options. Look forward to seeing him at Mansfield next week.

Actually I would not want Grealish in a Boro shirt. Doesn't add much to England either from what I've seen. Seems to think playing football means falling over and trying to win free kicks.

I mean he must be pretty decent if City wanted him, but I must miss all the good stuff he does. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1
2 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Cringeworthy? Why would that make you cringe? Fair enough saying that you don’t beleive it but making you cringe? 🤣 like reading war and peace reading that post. 

Gullible naivety about assaulting people tends to make me cringe, reading someone defending it definitely makes me cringe. Sorry about the length of post if you struggled with it.

7 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Huh?

If memory serves the Republic are going through a pretty bad patch lately, aren't they? Being a ROI international isn't exactly a hallmark of quality these days. Not like the heady times when they could call on the likes of Ray Houghton and Andy Townsend. 😉

you claimed not to know a single player from a home nation though! 

I hadn't heard of Connolly before this so the fairest thing is probably to suspend judgement. It's just that whenever I see a manager taking on players with behavioural issues because they think they can sort them out, it rarely goes well. It's one thing taking on someone like Bamba, Watmore or Taylor on a short-term contract to see if they can get over physical injuries or lack of a club but Connolly looks more like the Ravel Morrison type: plenty of ability but not the right mind-set to realise it. 

At the moment, Connolly looks to be following the same path as every talented young player who is going to fail to make it. If we do sign him, I hope I'm proven wrong but the pattern he has followed up to now is pretty depressingly predictable.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

You wouldn’t sign Phil foden or even grealish? 

Absolutely not, assuming we could afford them there are plenty of other Footballers who manage to focus on their standards of Professionalism. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
3 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Gullible naivety about assaulting people tends to make me cringe, reading someone defending it definitely makes me cringe. Sorry about the length of post if you struggled with it.

I wasn’t on about what happened at Leeds. I meant what people say about them in there home town. 

I’m prepared to believe that Scott and / or Wilder have had a proper discussion with Stephen Kenny and / or Keith Andrews regarding the player and his attitude / ability with ROI, just as I expect them to have spoken with Graham Potter at Brighton. However I accept that a 15 minute Google search is equally effective research. Probably.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Is this the same journalist that broke the NW story on the morning of WBA game before anyone else?

1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Absolutely not, assuming we could afford them there are plenty of other Footballers who manage to focus on their standards of Professionalism. 

Can’t believe what I’m reading. 🤯🤯🤯

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

you claimed not to know a single player from a home nation though! 

Nice try! 😜

My exact words were "I don't take any notice of the other home nations".

I do take notice of some of the goings-on at the Boro though and when you mentioned someone who plays for us, it jogged my memory that Paddy had spent some time away with NI.

1 minute ago, Mfcdanny said:

I wasn’t on about what happened at Leeds. I meant what people say about them in there home town. 

Why do you think those things have been said and take George Friend just as one example where things haven't been said about him? 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic