oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Wilder saying a couple of players will be leaving soon and conversations have already happened. Stoj I guess will be one. Still think Hall will be on his way anyone else? Any surprises?

I reckon siliki will be sent back to France too.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Interestingly yes from the feedback I get and lectures I've given in various places around the world and more importantly successes. Building a team spirit and the synergy it brings with it can be quite effective and inspiring for many. 

Well said RR nothing better than blowing one's own trumpet!🙃

• Haha 3
10 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

So in conclusion then, the lad is an absolute bell whiff but he could come here and score lots of goals, which would be more than okay.

As long as he doesn't shag Sporar's missus I'll support him if he signs.

He would be a fool to turn her down if he got the chance, she is an absolute smoke show!

16 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Doesn't Souttar have a few injury issues? I'm not sure if they are recurring or completely different issues but a defence built around an in jury prone Player can be disruptive. 

He’s really struggled. He tore his Achilles, had surgery and came back then did the same thing to his other Achilles. Been very unfortunate. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, FinallyRegistered said:

He’s really struggled. He tore his Achilles, had surgery and came back then did the same thing to his other Achilles. Been very unfortunate. 

Well, luckily that's all the Achilles done, so should be fine now.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Mfcdanny said:

1 hour ago, Mfcdanny said:

Hall was warming up separately with Coburn before the Forest game, so prob both not yet fit enough for bench.  but can see him going now we have Wood back, Bamba ahead of him as next in-line and Peltier can play in back 3. So new CB may not be a priority.

my guess is keeper going and selling big Uchi with striker close to signing. Hall may go also, but not many else will leave I think as squad is small. Maybe a couple of youth loans.

1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

If you understood basic Management and Leadership principles you would understand that there really isn't.

Or there really shouldn't be anyway.

Managing people is a skill you work on and whilst I'd certainly not say it about myself, I know the kind of people who I've worked with in the past and still do work with who could walk into a room with most people and rightfully earn a bit of respect from them, regardless of who they are because they know how to manage all kinds of people in different situations.

That being said, there will always be people who don't respond to anything and dig their heels in though they're really not as common in football as people let on. Especially at this level and at clubs like ours in general, bad eggs stick out like a sore thumb. Connolly could be one of those people or Wilder might be the perfect fit for him. I'm not sure it bodes well that a manager like Graham Potter can't get him onside but coming here will be a fresh start, he'll get his chance here as any new player does and maybe a more conventional man-manager will work out better for him. What we don't want another Ramirez stinking the place out after he's had a good 6-12 months.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, JonnyMFC said:

He would be a fool to turn her down if he got the chance, she is an absolute smoke show!

In the immortal words of Kym from Hearsay, why would she go for a Burger when she's got Steak at home?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, Mfcdanny said:
13 hours ago, Changing Times said:

He hasn't scored loads of goals anywhere has he?  Other than Premier League 2, where our previous and current young lads are fairly prolific as well looking at it.  I think everyone will support him, the question that some are asking is whether it might be better to look elsewhere.

Sounds like your desperate for him to fail 

That's what you took from the above post?  I've already told you the two things I'm interested in with prospective signings, are they decent players and are they decent pros.  That's it.  There appears to be at least some evidence that he's not the latter, and not a lot of evidence that he is the former.  Can I ask you a question, why do you want us to sign him?  I mean specifically him, and not just making any signing?

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That's what you took from the above post?  I've already told you the two things I'm interested in with prospective signings, are they decent players and are they decent pros.  That's it.  There appears to be at least some evidence that he's not the latter, and not a lot of evidence that he is the former.  Can I ask you a question, why do you want us to sign him?  I mean specifically him, and not just making any signing?

I have no idea what he’s like. I like to trust Keiran Scott and wilder make the judgment on the player unlike you. I don’t think the few things he has done off the pitch are that bad, just stupid from his part but he’s still a young lad and hopefully a move a way up here might do him good. I’ll judge him after I’ve seen him play a few games which is all I can do. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hendrie_7 said:

In the immortal words of Kym from Hearsay, why would she go for a Burger when she's got Steak at home?

8 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Because the burger is bigger ? 

Idk Shrug GIF by Landon Moss

Think it would definitely depend on the kind of burger.

Tried some Wagyu beef burgers for the first time earlier this year...easily the best I've ever had. 🍔😋

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic