oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

1 minute ago, CrazyL said:

We are trying to buy Riley McGree. Second bid turned down today.

I looked him up on twitter and it said he is on loan from "Major League Soccer expansion franchise Charlotte FC"... What on earth does any of that mean?! 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

He’s owned by Charlotte FC and been on loan at Birmingham (I’m not sure he’s actually played for Charlotte yet) Brum wanted to extend the loan again but it’s not happening. He returns to Charlotte on Saturday. Unless somebody buys him 😉

4 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

I looked him up on twitter and it said he is on loan from "Major League Soccer expansion franchise Charlotte FC"... What on earth does any of that mean?! 

He is currently playing for Birmingham on loan from Charlotte FC. They have already told Birmingham that he isn't returning to them on 1st January. Presumably because they want him back in the US but if we have been talking to them and then bid for him then that could be the real reason.

11 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Charlotte FC have only just joined the MLS is what the "expansion franchise" part of it means btw.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Charlotte FC have only just joined the MLS is what the "expansion franchise" part of it means btw.

Thanks Brunners. That's th he answer I was looking for. Although I do appreciate the other fellas explaining football loans to me as well 😀 

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

@diggerlad07think it was you who mentioned the fitness guy “JT” is leaving. Picture on Gazette of players celebrating with him at the end of game tonight. Looks like a farewell kind of picture. 

Screenshot_20211229-234538_Instagram.thumb.jpg.f6932e8bdad11e4df663a7d8bd0b8ec5.jpg

The comments are packed with Boro players past and present wishing him well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, sambaDTR said:

Riley McGree. Ex Newcastle. Not that one. Australia!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50471012

Seriously, what is it with us being linked with problematic players? 

If I had no morals I wouldn't mind if he was a goal/assist machine, but he hasn't exactly torn it up at Birmingham, either.

(And I have morals.)

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50471012

Seriously, what is it with us being linked with problematic players? 

If I had no morals I wouldn't mind if he was a goal/assist machine, but he hasn't exactly torn it up at Birmingham, either.

(And I have morals.)

Sadly very questionable ones though😁

• Haha 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic