oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

Tav's been linked to Burnley and Newcastle in this fluff piece

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10361059/Premier-League-club-club-transfer-guide-Tottenham-need-striker-Chelsea-want-new-defender.html

"Burnley  

What they want: Striker, attacking midfielder and right-winger with pace, centre-back.

Who do they like: Lyndon Dykes (QPR), Marcus Tavernier (M’brough), Nat Phillips (L’pool), Joe Worrall (N Forest)

Who could go: James Tarkowski (but wants to see out his contract), Jay Rodriguez, Erik Pieters.

Window outlook: Loans more likely. Have a number of players out of contract so are scouring several positions but asking premium fees for Tarkowski, etc. 

Newcastle  

What they want: Defenders, all four positions. Centre-midfield and a striker.

Who do they like: Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid), Sven Botman (Lille), Boubacar Kamara (Marseille), Matheus Nunes (Sporting Lisbon), Moussa Dembele (Lyon), Arthur Cabral (Basle), Marcus Tavernier (Middlesbrough).

Who could go: Sean Longstaff, Dwight Gayle.

Window outlook: Have £50m-plus to spend and will look at loans which, with relegation a threat, are more realistic."

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

the McGree situation is becoming cloudy and due to info i heard/read the explanation ive formed in my head is maybe cross-communication with similar sounding names. the name i was told was Jamie McGrath from St Mirren which sounds similar and also added to that are similar contract issues with parent clubs and they both are left footed midfielders. 

1 hour ago, Youngy228 said:

I don't think the international breaks have helped JLS.  

He also doesn't seem to have got up to the fitness levels we would need (but difficult without games).  

Manager reluctant to change Howson Crooks etc.  Same for Payero

Also - he hasn't looked wonderful when coming on.

Strange for me that he hasn't been playing for 23's though

i think its probably simple to explain. like he came in clearly wasnt up to speed fitness wise. which we may have been told he was. so we took the hump and dont want him. 

1 hour ago, Riverside94 said:

He has played at champions league level so should be a capable player. But then why did they let him leave on loan?

maybe just doesn’t suit the league who knows… we may never get to find out.

worse loan signing then Folan ? 😂

He played 4 games in the Champions League, all defeats.

There's a reason he only played 7 games (3 starts) in the league last season, they didn't rate him.

He's barely played for us and he's already racked up more minutes than he did in the league for Rennes.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

the McGree situation is becoming cloudy and due to info i heard/read the explanation ive formed in my head is maybe cross-communication with similar sounding names. the name i was told was Jamie McGrath from St Mirren which sounds similar and also added to that are similar contract issues with parent clubs and they both are left footed midfielders. 

No. I can cope with more than one name even if they are a little bit the same. We may, or may not, land McGree but we have definitely been ‘having a look’.

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He played 4 games in the Champions League, all defeats.

There's a reason he only played 7 games (3 starts) in the league last season, they didn't rate him.

He's barely played for us and he's already racked up more minutes than he did in the league for Rennes.

Well there you go then

58 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Here’s that Matt o’riley we were linked to the other day

If I read this right, it indicates that he is an attacking right-sided midfielder. He would be playing in the same position as Crooks and Payero. 

19 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Well there you go then

But what also won't help is he joined a side that apparently was well short on fitness and conditioning under Warnock, whilst already being very unfit himself.

Then jetting off with Cameroon every three weeks and missing training here.

He was bound to get less of a look in here with that.

Anyway Connolly is a Boro player until the end of the season so despite my doubts about him, I'll support the lad.

Connolly and Sporar up front with Hernandez/Watmore playing just behind? Could be a very tasty front line, that.

• Like 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic