oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

21 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Good move all round in terms of quality and length of contract.

I make that 2 down and 3 to go based on what I am reading that we want 4/5 players. It seems we want another striker and a CM. Not sure where the 5th position is. Balogun and McGree are leading candidates for the striker and CM role it seems

Wouldn’t be surprised if we want another centre back if we let hall go. Dijksteel is quite injury prone and bamba is 37 next week so he could struggle towards the end of the season/get injured

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

We’ve seen it happen before when transfers are rumoured on here before a journalist actually picks it up but it does seem strange that the McGree signing is rumoured to be at an advanced stage and there’s been no actual reports on it. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Humpty said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/chris-wilders-stance-middlesbrough-loan-22633027

Spence staying with Forest confirmed. Also note the nod to dressing room harmony in the article.

Out of curiosity you heard any specifics around Spence being a bad influence?

Thought his head got turned when there was that rumoured interest from Spurs and then he clearly didn't see eye to eye with Warnock. Just wondering if something's happened that's making Wilder not consider him?

1 minute ago, MMC said:

Thought his head got turned when there was that rumoured interest from Spurs and then he clearly didn't see eye to eye with Warnock. Just wondering if something's happened that's making Wilder not consider him?

I was told that was the reason why he wasn't coming back. I've not pried for specifics.

5 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I was told that was the reason why he wasn't coming back. I've not pried for specifics.

Not as nosey a *** as me then 😂

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, MMC said:

Not heard anything other than what’s been said on here, but I wonder if things had gone on and the rapid loan deal was what the club as a whole felt was best. Usually when a new manager comes in the slate is wiped clean and when players who wanted out have come back they get a chance.

without any evidence we are left with hypothetical reasons, such as was his actions so bad and disruptive that the club just wants him gone, or was he promised things by manager and club who then didn’t honour them, or Wilder respects and understands the importance of honouring loan deals and is going to see where things are at the end of the season.

personally I think something big happened whether justified or unjustified and wilder happy to see what will be come the end of the season as he doing the job of working with what he has now.

If Spence isn't returning I think we need RWB cover and an attacking LWB. These positions are absolutely key... At the moment we create little down the left and rely very heavily on the Crooks -> Jones -> six yard box combo. 

Not that I'm complaining... I've been desperate to see any kind of attacking tactics for so long now.

But I worry where our threat comes from if Jones gets injured. Also smarter teams will figure out where are goals are coming from soon and try to crowd the right and send us left. 

2 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

If Spence isn't returning I think we need RWB cover and an attacking LWB. These positions are absolutely key... At the moment we create little down the left and rely very heavily on the Crooks -> Jones -> six yard box combo. 

Not that I'm complaining... I've been desperate to see any kind of attacking tactics for so long now.

But I worry where our threat comes from if Jones gets injured. Also smarter teams will figure out where are goals are coming from soon and try to crowd the right and send us left. 

I think Taylor has been getting better game by game attacking wise. Thought he looked lost the first game. We were awful with peltier there though 

4 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I think Taylor has been getting better game by game attacking wise. Thought he looked lost the first game. We were awful with peltier there though 

Peltier should only ever play as a last resort backup CB, was a really poor signing intended to just bulk the squad out.

6 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

He's okay... But he's never scored a goal! And Jones has more assists this season than Taylor has had in about nine seasons. 

I think once we have a Jones V2 on Tav's side, we'll be such a dangerous team. 

• Like 2

On Spence, he brought a couple of mates up to live with him. They started causing problems whilst he was still here. When he’s been out on loan they’ve stayed and issues are ongoing. 

• Like 10
  • Wow 2
8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

On Spence, he brought a couple of mates up to live with him. They started causing problems whilst he was still here. When he’s been out on loan they’ve stayed and issues are ongoing. 

They've trashed the house Boro have paid for, then? Do we still do that?

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic