oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

14 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Is that just a coincidence?

Riley McGree been mentioned multiple times and Boro have tweeted something in reply to Adelaide who we're one of his former clubs.

Isais is a bloody legend tbf. 

i just associated it with the Australian arguments over pub food (different states call em different things), but the guy that runs the twitter account knows the same folk I do and would’ve gotten the same info I got yesterday I’d suggest.

there’s also a claim that an international club has made an offer for our captain, another central midfielder. I’d prefer mcgree tbf

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Good news, I think I'd be tempted to loan him out for what would hopefully be consistent game time, as he'll struggle to get it here right now.

Yep I agree, I'd be looking to loan him out. Hopefully to a team that will actually play him because we haven't been very successful at actually sending our players places they play.

• Like 1

honestly, this Spence debate needs putting to bed once and for all. hes not here anymore and has been succedded by a more fruitful if smilarly young and naive player. spence had areas of weaknesses in his game and one or two plus points but in the end he wasnt and isnt a stand out individual. his principle area of deployment was a mirror of coulsons on the left, a sixty ish yd by 5 yds oblong along the byline from middle of our half to edge of thier box and the arguement that he often turned defence into attack with his speed and agility down this patch of pitch coul be countered by the reasoning that opposition managers didnt see him as dangereous enough to man mark given the likely end product would be poor.the chances of him delivering a pin point cross leadig to a goal are as rare as downing going into a 50/50 tackle. defensively he has tons to brush up on and thats without taking into account his recently questionable off field attitude and the supposed lack of desire to remain a boro employee. 

11 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Good news, I think I'd be tempted to loan him out for what would hopefully be consistent game time, as he'll struggle to get it here right now.

Early days yet, isn't it?

I'm glad to see he's signed a new deal and is gonna stick it out with us for a bit longer, always like to see young lads rewarded for their hard work.

I do think he's quite a way off being ready for a Wilder team, though. He struggled to get up to the pace of the game we set soon after Wilder came in despite being in a good run of form until that. Wasn't long after that that he was out of the squad entirely.

I would like him playing first-team football too but I think there's value in him continuing with the U23s the rest of this season if we're trying to set the tactics up across the different levels of the squad. If he goes out on loan and doesn't play, which feels too often the case, then we'd have been better keeping him here.

23 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

So we essentially have said to Forest, " if u want him for the rest of the season we want a larger loan fee"?

So we get money now, and still have a chance to sell in summer to the highest bidder. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

So we essentially have said to Forest, " if u want him for the rest of the season we want a larger loan fee"?

So we get money now, and still have a chance to sell in summer to the highest bidder. 

Sounds like Forest have an option to buy for a fixed price regardless of other offers. It's not an advantage to the selling club so it's an indication that we don't really want him back and have agreed to Forests terms.

2 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

It's almost like we finally know what we are doing off the field?! Makes a nice change!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hewie said:

Isais is a bloody legend tbf. 

i just associated it with the Australian arguments over pub food (different states call em different things), but the guy that runs the twitter account knows the same folk I do and would’ve gotten the same info I got yesterday I’d suggest.

there’s also a claim that an international club has made an offer for our captain, another central midfielder. I’d prefer mcgree tbf

Someone's bid for Howson?

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic