oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sources-middlesbrough-issue-defiant-transfer-message-to-newcastle-united/

"Middlesbrough have told Newcastle United to forget about their chances of signing either Marcus Tavernier or Dael Fry this month, sources have revealed to Football League World. "

"Football League World have been told that Middlesbrough’s message to Newcastle is clear when it comes to Tavernier and Fry, with neither of the pair up for sale this January."

• Like 2

To quote the Manic Street Preachers, everything's for sale. If the skunks came in with a ludicrous bid, we'd sell either or both players. This sounds like a pre-emptive negotiating position, establishing that it'd have to be a ludicrous bid for us to even entertain it.

• Like 1

This goes along with what the FO and Warnock has said start of the season. Their giving it another go with these guys this season and evaluating things after the season. 

Smart statement and if anything it puts pressure that any bid now or the future will need to be substantial. Surely seems like Wilder knows the value of these players at this point in his lineup.

We know what Fry and McNair are worth to our Defence and their value, Tavs might be up in the air a bit more. 

Newcastle are not going to try and sign either of them in this window, so it's a moot point.

They're in a relegation battle and trying desperately to stay up.

Fry and Tavernier are a summer signing type of player for a Premier League club.

We're still trying to agree a deal with Internacional for Heitor Rodrigues da Fonseca apparently. 

The Brazilian season ended on December 9th , but it's never easy with South American clubs shifting goal-posts on fees and payment structures, so if we are still negotiating it'll drag on & on.  

image.png.eb38c5cf07be0ab62204fc29161a85cb.png

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, Mad_Dog_Poggy said:

We're still trying to agree a deal with Internacional for Heitor Rodrigues da Fonseca apparently. 

The Brazilian season ended on December 9th , but it's never easy with South American clubs shifting goal-posts on fees and payment structures, so if we are still negotiating it'll drag on & on.  

Any links to this? 

3 minutes ago, Mad_Dog_Poggy said:

56 top flight games and he's only just turned 21 is pretty impressive. Looks like decent competition for Jones although it looks like he hasn't played RWB but just RB. But if the negotiations have carried on for so long, then it might be more difficult.

29 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

To quote the Manic Street Preachers, everything's for sale. If the skunks came in with a ludicrous bid, we'd sell either or both players. This sounds like a pre-emptive negotiating position, establishing that it'd have to be a ludicrous bid for us to even entertain it.

In fairness to the Manics they said "Everything Must Go" which sounds more like a firesale to me. 🤣

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, PsychFur said:

In fairness to the Manics they said "Everything Must Go" which sounds more like a firesale to me. 🤣

They also said "No water tastes like lemonade, slowly slowly it starts to fade" so I wouldn't really trust anything that band has to say, frankly

• Haha 2
31 minutes ago, Mad_Dog_Poggy said:

I'd be very surprised with that, would be a lot of money to spend on a position that doesn't really need strengthening. Would rather see that money go towards a striker, goalkeeper or a long term LWB. Bola struggles going forward without a winger to link up with.

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, PsychFur said:

They did say "everything's for sale" on the song "Yes", but it wasn't footballers they were talking about...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

Yeah but if we tolerate this, then our Coburn will be next. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic