oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Hayden Hackney's loan at Scunthorpe has Bern extended until the end of the season.

Better than Scunthorpe on Sea never been to Scunthorpe Has-Bern, is it in Germany?😁 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, MMC said:

I'd be very surprised with that, would be a lot of money to spend on a position that doesn't really need strengthening. Would rather see that money go towards a striker, goalkeeper or a long term LWB. Bola struggles going forward without a winger to link up with.

Depends if Izzy can play lwb. Didn’t he start out on the left when he broke through at first?

1 hour ago, MMC said:

I'd be very surprised with that, would be a lot of money to spend on a position that doesn't really need strengthening. Would rather see that money go towards a striker, goalkeeper or a long term LWB. Bola struggles going forward without a winger to link up with.

How much is “a lot of money”? I can’t see the transfer fee bring asked anywhere? Or are you saying any fee is a lot for another RB given our needs for other positions?

2 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

How much is “a lot of money”? I can’t see the transfer fee bring asked anywhere? Or are you saying any fee is a lot for another RB given our needs for other positions?

There is a link from October, and is the first post in this thread.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

A bit of column A, a bit of column B. I'm making an assumption granted, if we can get him on the cheap then sound! Just guessing that a lad who's just turned 21 and is first choice for one of the bigger Brazilian clubs wouldn't be coming on the cheap.

I do also think any available transfer funds should be funneled into areas of weakness. We have 2 number 2 keepers and our left side and central defence will be looking very shallow when Peltier, Bamba and Taylor's contracts run out. We also currently have only 1 permanent striker we want to keep in Watmore. 

12 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

There is a link from October, and is the first post in this thread.

There we go, if right that £4.2m would be invaluable elsewhere on the pitch.

28 minutes ago, MMC said:

There we go, if right that £4.2m would be invaluable elsewhere on the pitch.

Yes, that is a lot for us to pay for a RB. Either they are trying to interest other clubs by resurrecting the old story about our original enquiry, or the fee quoted was a complete try on and they are being more realistic now. Still can’t see us paying any sizeable fee for a RB, unless the club think they can get a real bargain and potentially sell him on at a profit. Even then there are a lot more bigger priorities for our money at the moment.

There are a few interesting rumours kicking about but it’s noticeable that The Gazette haven’t touched any of them with a barge pole - I think we all know that the journos are no strangers to the board and yet nothing 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Gazette just said that the fitness guy JT left to go to spurs. Diddnt someone on here say he was sacked due to a new structure been put in place? 

There was talk of people being moved on behind the scenes but I don't think they were on about JT specifically.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

Work colleague who's a Rangers fan sent me a message to say John Lundstram is coming to us on loan? Any of the ITK crew heard anything?

Worked with Wilder at Sheff Utd obviously but cant see us wanting him and McGree…

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic