oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

This is the first transfer window we have gone into in years when I think that all departments from youngsters to first team, scouts to Bauser and Wilder and Gibson all seem to know what they are doing, who they want why they want them and what is plan B-D if things fall through.

For years I’ve felt that we have always shot ourselves in the foot because the scouts are looking at players according to their list of priorities, the manager only wants the players they want, Bauser will only sign off on deals that are financially ok for us and Gibson will veto things at the last minute because he doesn’t like agents, or sign players he wants to get.

At last if things fall through and player either come or they don’t it will be because of the normal transfer things rather than internal politics or departmental shenanigans that seem to have bedevilled us since McLaren left and Bauser had novice managers or old pro’s who knew the score and didn’t really care.

• Like 3
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Promising profile on Balogun from Arteta: 

“Balogun boasts a formidable scoring record at youth level, and, in conversation with Sky Sports towards the end of last season, Arteta raved about his "unique qualities" as a striker, highlighting his work-rate and his ability to hold the ball up.“

29 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Balogun's financial package will likely be comparable to Hernandez's, but he's a far better fit for our system so it's a good switch in my opinion. We supposedly won the race for Balogun ahead of loads of Championship clubs so despite his lack of experience in first team football, he's quite the coup for us.

Good point.

Will this be the end of Hernandez and Uche now if we get Balogun done?

1 minute ago, boksicdink said:

Good point.

Will this be the end of Hernandez and Uche now if we get Balogun done?

Are we able to return Hernandez if Norwich don’t want it to happen? You couldn’t see him getting a look in in Wilders system with these new signings.

54 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Wonder how many of any will break into the 1st team if any at all. You need a lot of luck aswell I reckon. Spence got his chance through injuries and same goes for Jones. On top of that aswell you need to play well in limited chances. Now it looks like we have stepped up a gear with wilder it will be even harder. Really liked the look of malley but I can’t see him ever breaking into the side.  If always makes me laugh when you people say give the kids a chance but also want promotion at the same time. 

That's how loads of players get their chance.  It's one of the reasons I don't agree with postponing games at the moment.  If you have senior players missing, play some of the youngsters.  You just might find some of them step up in a way that you didn't expect.

• Like 3
Just now, CrazyL said:

Are we able to return Hernandez if Norwich don’t want it to happen? You couldn’t see him getting a look in in Wilders system with these new signings.

You’d think they would have to sort another loan out. Why would they take him back to not even make the bench and pay his wages when we have agreed to do it for the rest of the season 

35 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Balogun's financial package will likely be comparable to Hernandez's, but he's a far better fit for our system so it's a good switch in my opinion. We supposedly won the race for Balogun ahead of loads of Championship clubs so despite his lack of experience in first team football, he's quite the coup for us.

If it is one in for one out then fair enough, it makes a lot of sense from our pespective, with no disrespect intended to Hernandez.

Yeah, I don't mind Hernandez, he works hard and he does make things happen (albeit not often enough, but I suppose that's why he's out on loan), but he doesn't have a natural spot in this formation really.

I imagine he'll be being touted around by his agent, and if another Championship club wants him, he'll go. If not, he'll probably stay here. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yeah, I don't mind Hernandez, he works hard and he does make things happen (albeit not often enough, but I suppose that's why he's out on loan), but he doesn't have a natural spot in this formation really.

I imagine he'll be being touted around by his agent, and if another Championship club wants him, he'll go. If not, he'll probably stay here. 

He is possibly seen as cover for wingback by Wilder?

• Like 1

Can Hernandez be switched to another position rather than sending him back? I’d rather see the chap who has gone to Afcon return to France as he has done nothing more than fill a position that a young lad from the academy could use.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Blanco said:

He is possibly seen as cover for wingback by Wilder?

That's what I was gonna say actually. I think he could do a job there when required. It's whether that's worth keeping him around and paying his wages for, I would guess. If Jones is out, I do think we are left with a gap he could reasonably fill.

• Like 2

Boro getting the business done early!

You could argue forwards are the hardest to find, especially for Wilder’s system, so this is a great start to the window.

Fingers crossed for a LWB with an attacking threat. I can’t see Hernandez playing there - I don’t think Wilder trusts him up front never mind there! 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic