oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

After seeing a tiny bit of Boyd Munce I’d assume Wilder wants to turn him into a left footed CB, plays as DM in a 2 for the Birmingham U23’s so unlikely he’s a direct alternative to Tav. Also has the build of a defensive player. 

I’d say it’s still likely we’re after McGree to play in Midfield 

1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

After seeing a tiny bit of Boyd Munce I’d assume Wilder wants to turn him into a left footed CB, plays as DM in a 2 for the Birmingham U23’s so unlikely he’s a direct alternative to Tav. Also has the build of a defensive player. 

I’d say it’s still likely we’re after McGree to play in Midfield 

Howson replacement maybe?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, macapes said:

Howson replacement maybe?

I'd imagine he's just a promising U23 player at this point that may make it or may not. I can't imagine they have a plan for him in the first team until he gets his feet under the table.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, nunthorpered said:

No nothing. Guess is we might be waiting on some outgoings but being honest i haven't hear anything more on it

Thanks! I'd expect a few outgoings.

Coburn needs to go out on loan.

Ikpeazu needs shifting.

and the loan deals for Siliki & Hernandez need terminating. 

I like Hernandez but he hasn't set the world alight and doesn't suit our system sadly.

4 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I'd imagine he's just a promising U23 player at this point that may make it or may not. I can't imagine they have a plan for him in the first team until he gets his feet under the table.

Gazette reckon he'll flit between first team and U23s right now. Wouldn't be all too shocked to see him involved tomorrow in some capacity. But yeah, by and large, will not be a starter.

I could be wrong but I think @macapes may have meant a long-term replacement for Howson rather than to take him out of the side immediately, too.

• Like 1

Seen mixed things on Twitter from the Brum fans on the new signing, some seem to rate him and we might have a gem, some think the complete opposite. They mention Kranka was a fan but can't seem to get in the team under Lee Bowyer. Couple of interesting comments on both these tweets.

Should anything be read into him appearing with Wilder in the Photo rather than one of the Youth Team Coaches? 

That to me would indicate that he is seen as more of a first team squad member rather than a young un for the future.

• Like 4
Just now, CambridgeBoro said:

Seen mixed things on Twitter from the Brum fans on the new signing, some seem to rate him and we might have a gem, some think the complete opposite. They mention Kranka was a fan but can't seem to get in the team under Lee Bowyer. Couple of interesting comments on both these tweets.

It's likely that he won't make the grade but it's a big upside at a low cost if he does.

7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Gazette reckon he'll flit between first team and U23s right now. Wouldn't be all too shocked to see him involved tomorrow in some capacity. But yeah, by and large, will not be a starter.

I could be wrong but I think @macapes may have meant a long-term replacement for Howson rather than to take him out of the side immediately, too.

Indeed. Assuming we actually have a long term plan, I'd imagine all signings are being looked at as to how they'd fit into how we intend to play - and we do need someone t for that position.

Know nothing about the guy, was just basing it off the mention of him as a DM but the suggestion of moving him to CB.

After reading the Birmingham Forum it sounds like Caolan Boyd-Munce had a falling out with their coach, Craig Gardner, and they told him he can leave. Some seem concerned that it could back to bite them. One fan who watched him in youth team rates him very highly and thinks if it wasn't for personal reasons, he'd be starting for them every week.

He sounds like he's well suited to our system of a left footed, box-to-box midfielder that's full of energy. It'll be interesting to see how he does here. Considering we have handed him a two and a half year deal, official unveiling and are considering him for the first team already, we must rate him relatively highly. Hopefully we have registered him in time to play tomorrow.

Now that we've signed him I'd expect us to loan Marcus Browne out to get game time.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Seems like a decent low risk squad addition to me!

Hope we're going to do something about LWB if Bola is really out until March. That's about 10 league games he'll miss.

One of the twitter responses I just read said that Boyd-Munce can actually play LWB, I know he did briefly for Birmingham for a game or two I think.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic