oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

13 minutes ago, Foogle said:

It's likely that he won't make the grade but it's a big upside at a low cost if he does.

Its about time we had somebody with a Double Barrelled name anyway! 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

One of the twitter responses I just read said that Boyd-Munce can actually play LWB, I know he did briefly for Birmingham for a game or two I think.

Interesting... Would be very handy if he can do a job there, especially if he can pick an attacking pass.

Nothing wrong with Taylor and Peltier defensively but they leave us very lopsided in attack.

Just now, SouthernSmoggie said:

Interesting... Would be very handy if he can do a job there, especially if he can pick an attacking pass.

Nothing wrong with Taylor and Peltier defensively but they leave us very lopsided in attack.

From the little we've seen of him, Taylor's the LB at the club that offers us the most going forwards in this formation imo. 

1 minute ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Actually thought Taylor looked pretty good going forward in his last game, was surprised & impressed. Would like to see if he continues to grow!

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Should anything be read into him appearing with Wilder in the Photo rather than one of the Youth Team Coaches? 

That to me would indicate that he is seen as more of a first team squad member rather than a young un for the future.

Tbf there might not be any youth coaches about with COVID!

Never heard of him but sounds like he was going into the last 6 months of his contract with Brum so presumably it’s a relatively small outlay and he’s still only young.

Sounds low risk, I’ll trust Wilder and Scott on this one. 👍

14 minutes ago, MMC said:

From the little we've seen of him, Taylor's the LB at the club that offers us the most going forwards in this formation imo. 

13 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Actually thought Taylor looked pretty good going forward in his last game, was surprised & impressed. Would like to see if he continues to grow!

I was shocked to see he's never scored in his career! And has a pretty woeful assist record. But agree he had a good game there and perhaps an old dog can learn some new tricks... 

• Like 2

I'm guessing that the Club still has lines of communication open with George Friend. I'd be amazed if they didn't at least ask him a hypothetical question on the lad and indeed the lad to George about Boro. If so this would give me grounds for more optimism than for a normal signing at this level.

17 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Boyd-Munce played in the game Wilder and Scott watched at Bishop Auckland on the day he signed on as manager. He ran the show for Brum that day. Was very impressive. 

Ngl with Scott and wilder every young player we are linked to gets me excited

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I'm guessing that the Club still has lines of communication open with George Friend. I'd be amazed if they didn't at least ask him a hypothetical question on the lad and indeed the lad to George about Boro. If so this would give me grounds for more optimism than for a normal signing at this level.

Yep straight up Friend has already talked to him about it.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Should anything be read into him appearing with Wilder in the Photo rather than one of the Youth Team Coaches? 

That to me would indicate that he is seen as more of a first team squad member rather than a young un for the future.

I wondered that as well. It could be that Wilder is wanting to make it clear how involved he is in transfers.
Or maybe we are reading too much into it, and Wilder just happened to be around when they were taking the pictures

• Like 1
  • Smogzilla changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - a transfer out of the blue

The one and only time I'll be itk-

Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through. 

Gives his all, box to box midfielder, left footed, thinks Boro is a class club and loves it here already. 

Source - the lads dad 😁

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic