oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Lundstram would be a brilliant signing, Mcgree I don't know alot about him - he seems to have had a decent half season at Birmingham but his stats aren't blowing me away.

Wilder's not messing around, this could be our best window in years...

1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

Lundstram would be a brilliant signing, Mcgree I don't know alot about him - he seems to have had a decent half season at Birmingham but his stats aren't blowing me away.

Wilder's not messing around, this could be our best window in years...

To be fair those stats are in an awful team. Hopefully in a better team he’ll get even better stats

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Perhaps a daft question but why don't his American club want him?  Just after a quick profit?

I don't know if this is the reason so don't beat me up if I am wrong (the US financial points system is a bit weird), but as a team entering the MLS for the first time Charlotte get a lot of draft players from the college system through the Superdraft (going on right now) including the #1 pick (Bill Bender) who is also a midfielder and so in allowing Riley McGree to go they get allocated points which they can use to acquire other positions.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I'm starting to think Pulis' philosophy of leaving things late in the window to get a bargain may have been wrong.

Heresy. 😆

you will be saying that going to the pub early on deadline day was a bad move too. 😁

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I'm starting to think Pulis' philosophy of leaving things late in the window to get a bargain then spending deadline day in the pub may have been wrong.

Amended to give the 'Pulis down the pub' transfer strategy the recognition it deserves!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, expat-acklam said:

I don't know if this is the reason so don't beat me up if I am wrong (the US financial points system is a bit weird), but as a team entering the MLS for the first time Charlotte get a lot of draft players from the college system through the Superdraft (going on right now) including the #1 pick (Bill Bender) who is also a midfielder and so in allowing Riley McGree to go they get allocated points which they can use to acquire other positions.

Pretty much spot on.

The MLS is weird.

Also Celtic fans melting down on Twitter after giving me pelters all day the other day after I said he was signing for us is brilliant!

• Like 2

Tavernier family are from somewhere in Leeds area if I remember right, so could understand him being fairly happy to return to the area if there is any truth in the whispers. no period of readjustment or getting used to new surroundings. 

7 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Pretty much spot on.

The MLS is weird.

Also Celtic fans melting down on Twitter after giving me pelters all day the other day after I said he was signing for us is brilliant!

surely that should be "Peltiers" 🙂

• Haha 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic