oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

12 minutes ago, Weasel said:

If we're going to loan out Payero then I'd much rather it was to a club in England (or Scotland) where he'd get game time. If we loan him out to a solid Bundesliga club for example, what if he really enjoys it there and we end up with another Djed Spence situation.

But can we honestly say we're missing Djed at the moment?

He seems to be doing a good job for Forest and seems happy there. If thats the case, why not let him stay (assuming Forest can afford him)?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

3 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Not sure if people are aware but Howson's last contract extension under Warnock, he waved goodbye to 10k a week so the club could afford to sign Duncan Watmore. True reflection on what a top guy Howson is.

If that’s true on Howson, then that’s an amazing story. Give the man another couple of years!

what a guy 

Edited by SimonD
  • Like 4
15 minutes ago, Weasel said:

If we're going to loan out Payero then I'd much rather it was to a club in England (or Scotland) where he'd get game time. If we loan him out to a solid Bundesliga club for example, what if he really enjoys it there and we end up with another Djed Spence situation.

If goes and has a good half season in the Bundesliga or Serie A then we should have no problem getting our fee back, or we know that we have a player that is good enough. He hasn't looked like a player that has regretted his move and if Diggerlad is right then Wilder is happy with his attitude. He just can't get into a midfield that performs great atm. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Borodane said:

If goes and has a good half season in the Bundesliga or Serie A then we should have no problem getting our fee back, or we know that we have a player that is good enough. He hasn't looked like a player that has regretted his move and if Diggerlad is right then Wilder is happy with his attitude. He just can't get into a midfield that performs great atm. 

Must be hard coming to a new country at a young age when you don't have the language.  Mind if he's on 18k a week it probably softens the blow!

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I hope we sell Tav and Spence just so we can talk about something else at this stage 

Yes to Spence and yes please to talking about anything other than Tav and Spence. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Yeah I understand the complexity of the situation and he should definitely be starting somewhere, just think we have to be careful with who we loan him to.

I could easily see a situation where he does well in Serie A and they want to sign him, and he wants to play in Serie A rather than the championship. It's easy to say that he's our player but when the player wants the move there's not a lot you can do. Hard to compete with the beauty and culture of Italy. No doubt we'd make a profit in that situation, but I'd rather he's our player come next season

3 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Must be hard coming to a new country at a young age when you don't have the language.  Mind if he's on 18k a week it probably softens the blow!

I find it very hard to believe he is on that much. He'd have been lucky to be getting 1-2k a week in Argentina. In fact this site had him down as £900 a week. https://salarysport.com/football/super-liga/banfield/

Struggling with a new culture and new language, let's loan him to another country with a new culture and language!

Italian would be easier to pick up than English for him, and Argentine culture derives a tonne from Italian, but I'm still not fond of it as an idea.

Sending him to Germany is just back to square one.

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Struggling with a new culture and new language, let's loan him to another country with a new culture and language!

Italian would be easier to pick up than English for him, and Argentine culture derives a tonne from Italian, but I'm still not fond of it as an idea.

Sending him to Germany is just back to square one.

Pretty much my thoughts, just delays his settling down in this country and we potentially lose a quality player to another club next season.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic