oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I bet Derby fans are wanking themselves off over the headline without actually reading it though.

They will try and use it against us online till it comes out we are perfectly fine for ffp then they will go back to crying about Gibson

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

It's a three year roll, and the in the last three seasons (i would imagine this one counts) we have net transfer spend of around 1,5 mio. euros. This is just figures going off Transfermarkt, so there is plenty of room for error, but it shows that we haven't spend massively, and the fees that we have spent are spread over the coming years. Wages has obviously been a probelm, but that has also been severely reduced over the past couple of seasons.

There is no way we are in breach of FFP, with the way Gibson has acted and how we have changed our squad. If it's the three years before this season we are in a massive transfer plus of around 35 million euros according to Transfermarkt. 

13 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Can you imagine the Derby fans' response if we do get tripped up by FFP?

(Don't think we will, but the gloating would be incalculable).

We wont be able to hear them from the Northern League anyway

• Haha 3
Just now, Tarmo Kink Army said:

They will try and use it against us online till it comes out we are perfectly fine for ffp then they will go back to crying about Gibson

Those social media fuds will no doubt come up with a massive conspiracy to try and say the judgement is wrong and Gibson is just getting away with murder.

7 minutes ago, Will said:

I'm not sure what this means, do you have a link?

If it's the amortisation of players values they have changed then that is exactly what Derby have just been deducted 9 points for so good luck to them.

"What Stoke City have done in taking all amortisation in one season and writing all player's book value to zero is the worst of the lot for me.
No equity injected by owners, no revaluation of assets, yet an £88.4m loss in year to June 2020, following £15.4m loss in year to 2019 and a £30.2m loss in year to 2018.
With no amortisation to deal with, and being no longer hampered by impairment from the wages of players whose contracts have been written off but who they can't shift, they have a massive unfair advantage over the rest of the league.
Obscenely rich owners and the financial decks cleared, it is much worse than what Derby did."

https://fmttmboro.com/index.php?threads/next-derby-owners-face-extra-£1m-legal-bill-as-middlesbrough-and-wycombe-compensation-claims-head-for-ugly-court-battle.26732/page-3#post-611032

From indeedido down that page.

9 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

"What Stoke City have done in taking all amortisation in one season and writing all player's book value to zero is the worst of the lot for me.
No equity injected by owners, no revaluation of assets, yet an £88.4m loss in year to June 2020, following £15.4m loss in year to 2019 and a £30.2m loss in year to 2018.
With no amortisation to deal with, and being no longer hampered by impairment from the wages of players whose contracts have been written off but who they can't shift, they have a massive unfair advantage over the rest of the league.
Obscenely rich owners and the financial decks cleared, it is much worse than what Derby did."

https://fmttmboro.com/index.php?threads/next-derby-owners-face-extra-£1m-legal-bill-as-middlesbrough-and-wycombe-compensation-claims-head-for-ugly-court-battle.26732/page-3#post-611032

I'm not sure how this would even help them though. Surely they are getting a points deduction for that 3 year period having posted losses of nearly £100m more than is allowed over that period?

23 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Wasn't a go at you, mate. Just the article itself seems to have plucked us out to say something that applies to all clubs without really saying what that is. Poor form from them.

Yeah agree mate. Basically clubs that have big wages vs the other that are naturally under the microscope

8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I’m a bit lost with this. The figures above would make a loss of £134m in the three years, against the FFP allowable losses of £39m. I know the EFL relaxed the rules to allow clubs to exclude Covid related losses, but I can’t see how any EFL club could get them up to £95m, unless they are trying to argue their squad value plummeted by £60 or £70 m due to Covid? 
even then, the £88m loss in 2020 would be part of the ffp calculations for 20/21 and 21/22, so all they have done is advance the losses by reducing the players values earlier from those years to 21/22.

Purely in terms of writing the players values earlier, this isn’t the same as Derby. Derby avoided losses by keeping the players values higher than normal depreciation would allow. Any limited company writing down assets earlier than they had to would not have a problem with auditors or rules - it’s simply being prudent and perfectly allowable.

5 minutes ago, Will said:

I'm not sure how this would even help them though. Surely they are getting a points deduction for that 3 year period having posted losses of nearly £100m more than is allowed over that period?

I've no idea either, it's mostly over my head, but he's mentioned it quite a few times and he seems to read a fair bit in to club accounts.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic