oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Warnock said on Talksport that he wouldn't swap any of the Boro back three of Fry/Dijksteel/McNair for any of Man United's defence!

of course he can't he's not the manager anymore

• Haha 4

I’m not sure if this is the strategy or not, but how refreshing it is to see players come in to the squad before we let others go. I’ve said it a few times on this thread now but I think we do actually have a professional system for incomings and outgoings rather than how other recent windows have played out.

It could be said that our two best signings of the season are our Director of Football ( forgotten his name) and Wilder. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Naisby said:

I’m not sure if this is the strategy or not, but how refreshing it is to see players come in to the squad before we let others go. I’ve said it a few times on this thread now but I think we do actually have a professional system for incomings and outgoings rather than how other recent windows have played out.

It could be said that our two best signings of the season are our Director of Football ( forgotten his name) and Wilder. 

I suppose it’s only good if the players you want out actually go though. Or else were stuck paying players we don’t want

5 minutes ago, Naisby said:

It looked like we were doing that in the summer too, then we loaned out both of our back-up fullbacks in the last few days without signing replacements.

Hopefully this time we don't make any obvious howlers.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

https://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/january-2022-transfer-window-t138990-s2740.html

one of the ‘itk’ on the Celtic forum saying that Celtic are angry about what has happened with Mcgree but the deal isn’t dead yet

From the scraps I’ve seen on the net, here and on the mentioned Celtic board it seems like Boro were about 1/2-1/4 £m off Charlottes valuation but we were getting close, Celtic came in and doubled our initial bid and offered good personal terms, as such both Charlotte and his agent pushed the Celtic deal. It seems though that the player likes the Celtic setup but really wants to stay in England.

So Boro have gone back in and it would seem have equalled or bettered the Celtic offer so now the agent allowed to speak to Boro about terms. Celtic have been informed of events and we all now wait to see if they can change personal terms and get him to commit or Boro get him to commit. No signing imminent or medical but looks good as whichever club gets him he looks like a player who thinking about what he really wants and how to get it. On paper Celtic or Boro shouldn’t be hard but the fact we are actually challenging is really great to see imo.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

https://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/january-2022-transfer-window-t138990-s2740.html

one of the ‘itk’ on the Celtic forum saying that Celtic are angry about what has happened with Mcgree but the deal isn’t dead yet

Polish_20220112_140716659.png.c27b78c338cfcd9907decb432c98f3c8.png

Why are Celtic fans so deluded? They genuinely think the level of competition up there is better than the Championship.

They try to use Champions League football as a wildcard but it's not the distinction they think it is, when they're practically guaranteed a place every season.

1 minute ago, Naisby said:

From the scraps I’ve seen on the net, here and on the mentioned Celtic board it seems like Boro were about 1/2-1/4 £m off Charlottes valuation but we were getting close, Celtic came in and doubled our initial bid and offered good personal terms, as such both Charlotte and his agent pushed the Celtic deal. It seems though that the player likes the Celtic setup but really wants to stay in England.

So Boro have gone back in and it would seem have equalled or bettered the Celtic offer so now the agent allowed to speak to Boro about terms. Celtic have been informed of events and we all now wait to see if they can change personal terms and get him to commit or Boro get him to commit. No signing imminent or medical but looks good as whichever club gets him he looks like a player who thinking about what he really wants and how to get it. On paper Celtic or Boro shouldn’t be hard but the fact we are actually challenging is really great to see imo.

We are definitely a more appealing option now thanks to Chris and Scott, we actually play football now instead of hoofball that effectively bypassed our midfield. I am sure any player you ask would rather play good attacking football like this, our lot look way happier playing like this, I think the Watmore goal against Blackpool really showed that.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It looked like we were doing that in the summer too, then we loaned out both of our back-up fullbacks in the last few days without signing replacements.

Hopefully this time we don't make any obvious howlers.

Yes, makes you think that somewhere in the backroom decisions were being made that were not part of the grand scheme we had. With the way Wilder and the club seem to have jelled  so quickly makes you reevaluate just how long we might have been talking to Wilder for and planning this, but circumstances and obligations meant we couldn’t do things quicker or differently.

3 minutes ago, CambridgeBoro said:

Hundreds of tweets from Arsenal fans wishing Balogun luck at Middlesbrough, plenty of them also saying he will do great things.

They really must think of highly of him because usually Arsenal fans only ever seem to moan about their players

Like I said before, having watched him loads in PL2, he's far too good for that level. He's on the fringes of Arsenal's first team, it's like he's not quite ready for the PL just yet but he's well above the level of the Championship.

He's going to tear it up here, just wait and see.

I'm sticking by my 10 goals target for him.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Like I said before, having watched him loads in PL2, he's far too good for that level. He's on the fringes of Arsenal's first team, it's like he's not quite ready for the PL just yet but he's well above the level of the Championship.

Boro's Mitrović?

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I hope he smashes it for us, his numbers  in PL2 are obviously excellent. 

Word of caution though, arsenal fans have a habit of overhyping their youngsters. Go back through the archives and you’ll see similar “future star” comments regarding Akpom, Aliadiere, Nketiah and countless others. 

I agree though that Balogun looks to have something different, looks to have great movement and seems a very accomplished finisher. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Polish_20220112_140716659.png.c27b78c338cfcd9907decb432c98f3c8.png

Why are Celtic fans so deluded? They genuinely think the level of competition up there is better than the Championship.

They try to use Champions League football as a wildcard but it's not the distinction they think it is, when they're practically guaranteed a place every season.

They are very clearly a far bigger club. And Champions League football is a huge draw.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic