oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Are we modelling ourselves on the Brentford plan do you think in that we now have on paper a team that can attack at will over the full 90 minutes?

Is this plan what Boro and Wilder probably wanted?

I think it's hard with only 3 subs to guarantee full 90 minute pressing but I do think in adding Connolly and Balogun, we almost certainly have better, higher energy options for the up front pressing and it's that movement in the front areas which has been a bit of a problem for us when having to sub Sporar especially. Hernandez and Watmore can both be good movers too but nobody up top is really screaming goalscorer yet, even accounting for Sporar.

I think Wilder will chop and change his front 2 frequently and will be more open to a front substitution than he has been before. But that still leaves him with having to decide who gets a rest in midfield. 😄

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Must say.... loving getting our business done early.  Will be delighted if by this time next week we have our targets and we are not being held to ransom by clubs/players/agents or at least being attempted to and missing out on targets. Far rather get them in now.

• Like 1

Does anyone this we may have revised our goals for this season given the turnaround under Wilder? 

These signings have got me thinking that we are aiming as a minimum top 6 and possibly even top 2 if we can continue our good form. 

There’s always one team that makes a late push for the top two I’ve got a really good feeling about the second half of the season. 

1 minute ago, "KM" said:

Does anyone this we may have revised our goals for this season given the turnaround under Wilder? 

These signings have got me thinking that we are aiming as a minimum top 6 and possibly even top 2 if we can continue our good form. 

Think top 6 is a must now, top 2 isn't beyond our reach would require a fantastic run of wins but you never know there's plenty of games left, and to be honest I'd fancy us when where on our game to beat anyone in the league.

15 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Must say.... loving getting our business done early.  Will be delighted if by this time next week we have our targets and we are not being held to ransom by clubs/players/agents or at least being attempted to and missing out on targets. Far rather get them in now.

Certainly beats sitting around waiting for Bolasie on deadline day. 

• Like 3

When Wilder came in we needed to finish the season with close to automatic promotion form just to finish in the playoffs so far Wilder has got us above that trajectory. We're now under evens in the betting to finish in the playoffs so it's got to be the main aim. But even if we miss out on playoffs this season the sort of performances and results next year will have us challenging for the top 2.

I don't think this is the time to move all in, but most of these permanent signings feel long term and the impact signings are low risk loans.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Haven't we had to offer more for McGree?

10 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Not sure if people are aware but Howson's last contract extension under Warnock, he waved goodbye to 10k a week so the club could afford to sign Duncan Watmore. True reflection on what a top guy Howson is.

Also a reflection that he wasn't worth it, and he's already had a few million out of us for not much return 🤷‍♂️

Still, nice gesture 👍

37 minutes ago, "KM" said:

There’s always one team that makes a late push for the top two I’ve got a really good feeling about the second half of the season. 

Top 2 isn't happening. Our form would have to be immaculate and Fulham would have to fall off a cliff which i don't see happening. Top 6 should be nailed on for me and to be honest that was before the January signings.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic