oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

1 minute ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Daily Record reporting McGree will earn 20,000 a week. We are trebling his current wage.

They have to print something to mitigate their embarrassing ‘jumping the gun’. Doesn’t make it true.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

The fact we've upped our offer makes me think Tav is going. He's the only one of our midfielders that would fetch a decent fee and you don't pay McGree 20k a week if he's not coming in to be first choice. 

Just hope if he goes we get a fair price, ie 12mil plus. If Chris wood is 25mil and George saville is 7... That's the least we should be looking for. 

Just now, Neverbefore said:

The fact we've upped our offer makes me think Tav is going. He's the only one of our midfielders that would fetch a decent fee and you don't pay McGree 20k a week if he's not coming in to be first choice. 

Just hope if he goes we get a fair price, ie 12mil plus. If Chris wood is 25mil and George saville is 7... That's the least we should be looking for. 

Anything over 7 and we have a great deal, tavs decent but that's it, needs to add goals assists and games, never really played more than 15 and he's out injured.

That's probably "up to 20k" that'll be what he gets if we make it to the Prem, so probably closer to 10k. It's an easy way for their fans to do some mental gymnastics about being beaten to the signing...

4 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Anything over 7 and we have a great deal, tavs decent but that's it, needs to add goals assists and games, never really played more than 15 and he's out injured.

So you think he's on the same level as saville?

4 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Daily Record reporting McGree will earn 20,000 a week. We are trebling his current wage.

Typical local media damage limitation. It paints him as a money grabber and their fans predictably react by thinking they're glad they didn't sign him anyway.

• Like 6
17 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Paying £7m for Saville was our own stupid fault 😂 I'm so glad those days are (hopefully) behind us. It's almost hard to believe we were splashing £15m+ on Britt not so long ago, only to be a worse side than we are right now.

9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

unfortunately we overpaid for Saville, and that won't really factor in to how much Tav goes for unfortunately.

Yeah but if we have premier league interest for someone younger, better, English, with more potential and versatility, they'll be worth more to them than saville ever was to us. 

I agree that specific examples largely irrelevant, but we need to be pushing for the most we can get - premier League clubs spunk millions on rubbish all the time. And tavs market value is far far higher than 7mil.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic