oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

So it’s Thursday 13th of January and it’s been an active window so far.

In’s

Balagun - Loan Arsenal 

Boyd- Munce - Perm Birmingham City

Connolly - Loan Brighton & Hove Albion

McGree - Signed But not announced yet 

Billongo - Perm - Kingstonian

Extended Contracts

Coburn - New Contract till 2025

Taylor - Extension till end of season 2021/2022

left

Kokolo - permanent - Burton Albion 

Return from/ Gone out on Loan

Brynn - Return - QotS

Not bad for the first 13 days is it.... Looking at this it really makes you think that we now have a proper team in place dealing with contracts and transfers. Also how blooming bad things were behind the seasons during a score of windows past.

Edited by Naisby
Forgot another signing
  • Like 5
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Weren't we linked to Filip benkovic on loan a couple of windows ago? See hes been released from leicester with Celtic favourites to get him... Should we do a double steal?! He's right footed which probably isn't exactly what wilder is looking for but he has decent pedegree and would be an upgrade on hall and bamba 

I can't believe how many people have suggested we should/could get Dean Henderson. Aside from his wages which are about 120k, he is trying to become England's 1st choice and could get into a good number of top 8 teams in leagues across Europe. 

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Weren't we linked to Filip benkovic on loan a couple of windows ago? See hes been released from leicester with Celtic favourites to get him... Should we do a double steal?! He's right footed which probably isn't exactly what wilder is looking for but he has decent pedegree and would be an upgrade on hall and bamba 

Is he an upgrade on Bamba though? He's not had a look in at Cardiff or OH Leuven on his last 2 loans. I'd give him a trial like

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Naisby said:

So it’s Thursday 13th of January and it’s been an active window so far.

In’s

Balagun - Loan Arsenal 

Boyd- Munce - Perm Birmingham City

Connolly - Loan Brighton & Hove Albion

McGree - Signed But not announced yet 

Extended Contracts

Coburn - New Contract till 2025

Taylor - Extension till end of season 2021/2022

left

Kokolo - permanent - Burton Albion 

Return from/ Gone out on Loan

Brynn - Return - QotS

Not bad for the first 13 days is it.... Looking at this it really makes you think that we now have a proper team in place dealing with contracts and transfers. Also how blooming bad things were behind the seasons during a score of windows past.

Bryant Bilongo in too.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I thought he was signing for Udinese.

2 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

imagine thinking Tav is going anywhere

What I like about this Manager is that he seems to have assessed players and decided we can get better.  The Bilongo in Kokolo out is a lower level example but may be same with McGree in Tavernier out.  He may see Connolly and Balogun as upgrades on Watmore and Sporar or just want 4 mobile strikers.  Clever management.

• Like 1

Options, Adaptability, youth. All these words could be used to describe most of the incomings we have done so far.

Lots of members of the squad are on loan, but imo the balance we have between permanent and loan in the first team squad is good, yes we run the risk of them playing so well we cannot get them back but that’s a problem I’d willingly take over permanent signings who don’t quite fit the bill and don’t have a contract to work for.

If we got promoted we would need the flexibility To look at our new requirements and this method does just that. 

So just under another 18 days till this window closes, it’s going to be an interesting ride, one I think everyone is ready for. 

• Like 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic