oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

5 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

True.  As I wake up a little more there are a few little snippets to take.  Interesting that he confirms SG's active involvement

From what we are witnessing both on and off the pitch I would say SG has a real vested interest in what is going on, one final attempt to push for glory be it this season or so and when achieved to finally hang up his hat and let others take over.

No-one lasts forever do they?

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Happy to hear that we are already planning and speaking to agents ahead of the summer. No doubt we need to plan for two scenarios; promotion or the Championship. Some interesting players are out of contract in the summer in the championship https://www.transfermarkt.com/championship/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB2

10 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Happy to hear that we are already planning and speaking to agents ahead of the summer. No doubt we need to plan for two scenarios; promotion or the Championship. Some interesting players are out of contract in the summer in the championship https://www.transfermarkt.com/championship/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB2

Probably quite a good time to be rebuilding. I wonder how different targets will be if we go up. With the new structure and strategy probably not as different as in the past. We won't be buying a Rav but we might nab an Emerson. 

Either way we seem to know what we are doing. Replacing an u23 left back directly speaks volumes. That is how you keep the squad ticking over and not get caught out.

Main hope for today is Neil Taylor. We need him. With Bola injured that position is key.

• Like 1

The takeaway bit from the article for me was trying to have structure in place that can withstand Manager leaving and half a dozen other members of staff following.  To be fair to Wilder he only brought in Knoll and another couple. Goalkeeper coach in place and much of the backroom team.   Don't think Scott has any magic wand but the club seems more 2021 than 1991.  Credit to Scott Wilson for the exclusive.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

No surprises there.

I'm sure there'll be suitors for all of them too.

I've got a soft spot for Browne, but I do think a loan would be his best bet of playing consistently this season.

So we're looking for clubs to take over 2 loans

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

No doubt we need to plan for two scenarios; promotion or the Championship. Some interesting players are out of contract in the summer in the championship https://www.transfermarkt.com/championship/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB2

This is a thing isn't it. Although promotion is still relatively unlikely it is now possible and that means we need to be planning for it; something I suspect that wasn't on the agenda 2 months ago. It's hard to see that many of our current first team could make the step up but if you dismantle a promotion winning team it tends to go badly wrong. 

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

I imagine it won't be difficult at all to find a new club for Hernandez, he's a decent winger.

True, we may have to contribute something towards it though. JLS will be a difficult one, hopefully a Spanish club will come in for him. 

Glad to see no mention of Tav or Payero.... So far

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I imagine it won't be difficult at all to find a new club for Hernandez, he's a decent winger.

Definitely. Same with Uche really, both not done much wrong apart from not fitting in with our new formation and style of play.

Browne is a decent player too, well worth a punt on loan from a League 1 or 2 club.

Good luck shifting Siliki though... 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic