oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

14 minutes ago, CambridgeBoro said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17332653/jed-wallace-millwall-besiktas-nottingham-forest/

I would be surprised if we are in for him, I can't really see where he fits in the system, I think it's more a case of 'let's link another club to make the story more interesting'

Has he not being playing more central this season.. hopefully we have moved on from him now with new recruitment… did you know ?….

• Haha 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Has he not being playing more central this season.. hopefully we have moved on from him now with new recruitment… did you know ?….

Yeah I think he has been central playing off Benik Afobe as a second striker.

We are already well stocked up front, unless Chris wants to convert him to LWB but I can't see that happening.

53 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

As children we were instructed not to make friends or enter houses of catholics and the religious symbol of Jesus on a cross was scandalous. That was around the time the annual religious  event of carrying the virgin marry around the streets of South Bank.  
Thank goodness for change… 

The change applies to England and Wales to a degree but unfortunately there are still many parts of the world where that type of change hasn't happened yet be it Catholics and Protestants in this case or other opposed faiths in other parts of the world. That Glasgow hasn't changed that much in this respect and that Edinburgh is just a little less obvious is sad. In Northern Ireland it is worse and is now coming to the fore again as old entrenched bigoted views are resurfacing. Football just seems to be a focus for such sad mentalities and ignorance.

• Like 1

These types of links Ida random player I now fee are just pure speculation as opposed to anything with substance. 

We have a clear blueprint now of what type of player to fit a system, rather than a player being touted about. There’s a very clear direction boro are heading in and it’s not just scattergun which has been in the previous regimes. 

I don’t think we will sign a player even if they’re good if they are a square peg in a round hole. therefore I can’t see the Jed Wallace link being anything more than desperate links 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Arsenal, Inter Milan and Roma are all interested in Djed Spence.

I will expose my *** in Binns window if he successfully makes it at any three of them

• Haha 4

Absolutely bonkers what one game on the TV can do to a players valuation. A little HT and FT piece on him by the pundits and it’s genuinely added a couple mill to his price tag, and got the whole of Europe interested.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Arsenal, Inter Milan and Roma are all interested in Djed Spence.

This feels remarkably like his agent at work. I don't think any of these are going to spend 10m on a championship player who can't even play for them this season. I don't think Arsenal even play with wing backs.

3 minutes ago, Bruce said:

This feels remarkably like his agent at work. I don't think any of these are going to spend 10m on a championship player who can't even play for them this season. I don't think Arsenal even play with wing backs.

Probably more for the summer than now I'd think. 

Free advertisement for an asset that doesn’t want to be here, whatever happens by the end of the season imo boro’s future doesn’t include Djed Spence in it.

A new manager, fresh incomings, a different playing style and great results and he still didn’t want to come back.

yes he playing at Forest and getting great love and affection there so I don’t blame him or us for not breaking the loan. But I think by the time the season is over he will not be thought of as being a key member of our squad going forward.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic