oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

22 minutes ago, Bruce said:

This feels remarkably like his agent at work. I don't think any of these are going to spend 10m on a championship player who can't even play for them this season. I don't think Arsenal even play with wing backs.

10m? With these clubs sniffing around I’d say 20m minimum, is he worth that? Hell no. But they might think he is.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd take the £10m as I presume it would also mean we had to recall him, depriving Forest or him whilst filling our coffers.

I thought we signed a new loan agreement with no recall? We'd probably have to negotiate passing on the loan to the buyer club

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-transfer-news-djed-spence-25960627

"Spence would be valued around the £10m mark by Middlesbrough and any deal would have to be done on a loan back basis because he has already played for his parent club this season and could not play for a third different team."

That sounds like it'd be a loan back to us as there's no mention of Forest.  It's by John Cross as well who's fairly well respected so there might be something in it.

1 minute ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Spence is English isn't he? Hopefully he gets an U21 call up to bump the price even more... 

thing with Spence is he may go on to be world class BUT if he doesn’t want to be here (we can assume) then we aren’t going to see that here. He will just run down his deal and leave for nothing so may as well get all we can while we can with some bonuses added in case he does reach the top 

26 minutes ago, notjade said:

I thought we signed a new loan agreement with no recall? We'd probably have to negotiate passing on the loan to the buyer club

I would guess that selling the player changes the situation.

But it could just be the Mirror talking rubbish 

From our point of view 10M with or without a sell on is great business. He could end up a success he might not all depends on him but i find it really unlikely he would find that success here especially when Jones appears to be a complete upgrade.

10 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

thing with Spence is he may go on to be world class BUT if he doesn’t want to be here (we can assume) then we aren’t going to see that here. He will just run down his deal and leave for nothing so may as well get all we can while we can with some bonuses added in case he does reach the top 

I'll go out on a limb here and say Spence will not go on to be world class.

I would bite their hand off for 10m.

7 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

The crazy thing about this is Jones is a much muchhhhhh better player

No doubt, it’s not even close. I genuinely believe Spence could play 20 seasons worth of football and he still wouldn’t be able to do once what Jones did for that winner yesterday. 

I acknowledge he’s playing well at forest, but we’re not missing out on anything with having Izzy. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

What's really crazy... is that if Tav and Watmore didn't start the season injured, would Jones have made any pre season starts? Come on and assisted in the first game v Fulham? 

Probably would have been out on loan somewhere - or even sold. 

Agreed...I have wondered that, too. Maybe he would have broken into the first team, but sometimes you have the weird luck where you have injuries and the forced replacement you make turns out like it did.

2 hours ago, TLF10 said:
2 hours ago, RiversideRed said:

Arsenal, Inter Milan and Roma are all interested in Djed Spence.

I will expose my *** in Binns window if he successfully makes it at any three of them

At the risk of sounding sexist I do have to make it clear that my opinion is based purely on the avoidance of regurgitating my stomach contents.

I hope that you are a 23 year old female supermodel and not a 67 year old bloke who is a retired welder with a prolapsed rectum!

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Dan1234 said:

Probably more for the summer than now I'd think. 

For what it’s worth I heard that at least one club are interested in buying him now and loaning him back to Forest for the rest of the season.

• Like 5
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic