oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

1 hour ago, ScarBoro said:

EFL Rules - 

Clause 54 

54.1.1    any Player registered on a Standard Loan, International Loan, an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan; or

54.1.2    any player registered on any other form of loan at a club,

may not sign for any other Club (or club) during the period of the respective loan.

That seems to mean we cant sell him during the loan to Forest. (His loan is a Standard Loan)

Clause 55

55.1.3    any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between the Transferor Club, the Transferee Club and the Player but can only be completed:

(a)           after the expiry of 28 days; and

(b)           only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 55.1.4 below) unless otherwise agreed by the League in its absolute discretion (subject to such conditions as the League deems appropriate).

Unless the revised loan to Forest was before 4th January, the above suggests we cant recall him - even with Forest's approval (and why would they agree, unless we paid them an almighty portion of the transfer fee as an incentive?)

I cant see from above how he can go during this transfer window, unless i am missing something. (unless we got his new loan through before 4th January?)

Unless the it’s the date of the original loan in august that counts. Didn’t he sign a season long loan deal back then and forest just paid extra money for us it to recall him in January. 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Not according to the rules I quoted.  It specifically says a player can’t sign for anyone else whilst on loan.

Exactly, you must have any existing loan agreements cleared and agreed between the two clubs and correct forms submitted before a permanent sale goes through.

Its the same situation even if the team we had a player loaned to who wanted to buy him, the clubs would have to end the original loan before they can formally submit the sale requests to the relevant authorities.

im not sure if it’s the same now but there used to be either a 24 or 48 window between this happening. I’m not sure if things changed when min/max squad numbers came in though.  

1 minute ago, Will said:

As far as I'm aware Spence was never recalled, so surely his loan deal is the same one that started in the summer?

I think it depends on the conditions of loan, some stipulate a full season loan but this can be cancelled or terms changed after a compulsory return to the parent club by the player for assessment.

others it’s a case of here you go he’s yours till mid May don’t break him or your obligated to buy him.

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Unless the it’s the date of the original loan in august that counts. Didn’t he sign a season long loan deal back then and forest just paid extra money for us it to recall him in January. 

Yes, I was just wondering that . I thought the loan was cancelled and a new loan agreed with the extra loan fee, but maybe they just changed the fees without having to finish the loan and start a new one. If that’s the case, I guess it would be ok to cancel the loan , sell him and allow the buying club to re loan him to Forest. I guess Forest would be ok with that as they would still have him for the rest of the season. 

7 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Yes, I was just wondering that . I thought the loan was cancelled and a new loan agreed with the extra loan fee, but maybe they just changed the fees without having to finish the loan and start a new one. If that’s the case, I guess it would be ok to cancel the loan , sell him and allow the buying club to re loan him to Forest. I guess Forest would be ok with that as they would still have him for the rest of the season. 

However I dont think it’s possible to recall a player if there is a loan fee involved. 
Anyway I don’t think we will be getting a big enough fee this January. Let’s just hope he keeps impressing. 

40 minutes ago, Naisby said:

Exactly, you must have any existing loan agreements cleared and agreed between the two clubs and correct forms submitted before a permanent sale goes through.

Its the same situation even if the team we had a player loaned to who wanted to buy him, the clubs would have to end the original loan before they can formally submit the sale requests to the relevant authorities.

im not sure if it’s the same now but there used to be either a 24 or 48 window between this happening. I’m not sure if things changed when min/max squad numbers came in though.  

This just happened with Hernandez didnt it? He was recalled from us by Norwich and sold to Birmingham right? All paper work really. 

• Like 1

regarding the people saying Spence coming back would affect Jones - it seems obvious to me that Jones would move to left wing back and Spence would be right wing back? for all Jones' qualities on the right, I still feel like he'd be best suited on the left

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

This just happened with Hernandez didnt it? He was recalled from us by Norwich and sold to Birmingham right? All paper work really. 

Same with McGree he had to return to his parent club, and the existing loan agreement between them and Charlotte cancelled and ended before any sale to an existing or 3rd party like us.

7 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

regarding the people saying Spence coming back would affect Jones - it seems obvious to me that Jones would move to left wing back and Spence would be right wing back? for all Jones' qualities on the right, I still feel like he'd be best suited on the left

Hard pass. Djed doesn't want to be here, and I wouldn't move Jones for anyone.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

As much as I like Spence and wish he could be part of what we're doing here, I think we should cash in asap because he clearly doesn't want to be here. Rest of January should be about getting the best deal we can possibly get. 

It's just sad to me, I think we've missed out on a player who could have gone on to be a Boro legend had the manager and fans treated him a little better. Hes obviously not free of guilt but who would want to put in a load of effort for a manager who doesn't want him and a fan base who threw a 19 year old under the bus week after week?

I for one will wish him well wherever he goes and hope he fulfils his potential.

Sadly I think Tav will go the same way. He's clearly shown in the past that he's good enough to be a top player in this league and yes he's not had a great couple of months but potentially he could be a great asset for us and coming through the academy you would think our fans would get behind him yet the stick he gets its outrageous and he will just end up leaving. I don't know another team where the fan base gives their academy lads as much abuse and yet bang average foreign players are lauded like messiahs its bizarre.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, ScarBoro said:

EFL Rules - 

Clause 54 

54.1.1    any Player registered on a Standard Loan, International Loan, an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan; or

54.1.2    any player registered on any other form of loan at a club,

may not sign for any other Club (or club) during the period of the respective loan.

That seems to mean we cant sell him during the loan to Forest. (His loan is a Standard Loan)

Clause 55

55.1.3    any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between the Transferor Club, the Transferee Club and the Player but can only be completed:

(a)           after the expiry of 28 days; and

(b)           only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 55.1.4 below) unless otherwise agreed by the League in its absolute discretion (subject to such conditions as the League deems appropriate).

Unless the revised loan to Forest was before 4th January, the above suggests we cant recall him - even with Forest's approval (and why would they agree, unless we paid them an almighty portion of the transfer fee as an incentive?)

I cant see from above how he can go during this transfer window, unless i am missing something. (unless we got his new loan through before 4th January?)

What was the situation with Danny Baath then? As far as I can remember we had him on loan and during that period Wolves sold him to Stoke, so we lost him. 

1 hour ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Sadly I think Tav will go the same way. He's clearly shown in the past that he's good enough to be a top player in this league and yes he's not had a great couple of months but potentially he could be a great asset for us and coming through the academy you would think our fans would get behind him yet the stick he gets its outrageous and he will just end up leaving. I don't know another team where the fan base gives their academy lads as much abuse and yet bang average foreign players are lauded like messiahs its bizarre.

Its the legacy of the Chicken Run. You have your debut season to get up to speed and adapt before your judged. Lots of young lads have done, lots took a bit longer and needed a bit of verbal encouragement from the terraces to bring their talent out.

The team of 1986/87 were hailed as heroes, but every one of them got stick if they slipped below what they could give and what they gave. You knew if Gary Parkinson had a bad game then after the stick he got his next few matches he wouldn’t put a foot wrong.

Edited by Naisby
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Not1ofTheFickleFans said:

What was the situation with Danny Baath then? As far as I can remember we had him on loan and during that period Wolves sold him to Stoke, so we lost him. 

He had his loan cancelled, either through a clause allowing him to be recalled during the Transfer Window regardless or it was agreed between Wolves and Boro that we were not going to buy him and he had the chance of a permanent move.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic