oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

26 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Taylor is a decent squad player solid but not exciting... He doesn't offer enough going forward as a wingback for me personally, when you've only got one player on a wing providing width they need to offer a threat and have a real engine on them.

We do like to get on a roll pointing out all the issues with players and while agree to a certain extent, he does offer alternatives to the right wing in terms of play and I think with Balugon (he appeared to have a left side bias) in the team there is a release path for him once they get used to playing with him which I think is essential. Is he Jones, absolutely not, but I think he does perform a useful role. I remember when we had Traore, teams ended up marking / fouling him out of the game no matter how fast he was.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I think Taylor is a decent attacking player as well. We look one sided sometimes, especially against Reading, but I don't think that is necessarily Taylor's fault. He isn't as quick as Jones, nor can he take a man on in the same way, so it's no surprise that Jones sees more of the ball. But if you look here, Taylor's average position was actually only marginally further back than Jones.

604720084_Screenshot2022-01-1717_18_45.png.0fbd959c382aa1350c3995960dfecfe4.png

Also, he was in the box for the winning goal and whenever the ball came in from the right. So I wouldn't say he was a defensive wing back, he just has a very different game (picking up the ball and moving it on quickly) rather than trying to beat his man like Jones does.

One thing I thought generally about us on Saturday too is the players who usually make the runs to under/overlap their wing-backs weren't doing it. That doesn't affect Jones as much because he can attack individually down the sides as we saw yet again on Saturday but Taylor looks better as an option when he also has plenty of options to work with.

45 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I’d like us to try and sign Ryan Giles from Wolves, LWB who got 9 assists for Cardiff in the first half of the season.

Quick and got a great cross on him 

don't think we will look to move for a LWB (if at all) until the summer, if at all.

Bola (when fit) is solid. he's a LB playing as LWB, whilst Jones is a winger playing as RWB, so i'd expect Jones to have a better offensive ouput.

I have no doubt that once Bola is fit (and he's struggled since this summer's surgery) he will improve his output.

We also have Bilongo as someone to develop into the role. He got an assist in his debut game for the U23's. If he progresses well, and into the first team picture, then we will likely only be looking for another young lad for the U23s

Edited by Mr_Maz
  • Like 1

More ridiculous whining from Celtic fans

https://celtic.vitalfootball.co.uk/we-didnt-like-the-player-who-is-coming-stunning-comments-that-show-celtic-may-have-dodged-a-3m-bullet/

He missed the point that the "Sporting Director" of the Club that sold him made a £2.5M profit without McGree so much as kicking a ball for them. 

That Celtic fans would now rather forlornly cling to and desperately believe the judgement of a Sporting Director of a Club who have yet to play a game over the Celtic Manager who actually knows the lad is borderline comical. It obviously must still be hurting really bad up in the East End of Glasgow.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

https://celtic.vitalfootball.co.uk/we-didnt-like-the-player-who-is-coming-stunning-comments-that-show-celtic-may-have-dodged-a-3m-bullet/

He missed the point that the "Sporting Director" of the Club that sold him made a £2.5M profit without McGree so much as kicking a ball for them. 

That Celtic fans would now rather forlornly cling to and desperately believe the judgement of a Sporting Director of a Club who have yet to play a game over the Celtic Manager who actually knows the lad is borderline comical. It obviously must still be hurting really bad up in the East End of Glasgow.

thanks for the offer, but I reject you,

nah, you can't reject me because I didn't want you anyway

• Haha 3
6 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

thanks for the offer, but I reject you,

nah, you can't reject me because I didn't want you anyway

Yeah but I didn't want you before you didn't want me and besides I didn't want you morer than what you didn't want me anyway so there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

They also list it as a £5m deal which we know to not be true.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Randy Savage Deal With It GIF

How long til they stop whinging about it? So embarrassing from a so called big club

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, notjade said:

Randy Savage Deal With It GIF

How long til they stop whinging about it? So embarrassing from a so called big club

How else are they meant to let us know they aren't bothered that they missed out on Mcgree than writing several articles criticising him, our club and our town for days after missing out on him. If they had all stayed quiet I could only assume it would show how bothered they really were 😉

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

If they thought that getting beaten to a player by little old Boro was embarrassing...

It's that League 1 money, has to be, no way he'd turn down the mighty hoops unless it was greed related. Messi only signed for PSG for an extra fiver in his pay packet or he'd have been there, mark my words.

• Haha 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic