oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

2 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Yeah also the rumours that the obligation is really easy to hit too.

I think we might have to take a big hit on him or hope a Arab side offers him mega bucks on the back of Cameroon winning Afcon and any player are therefore highly rated and desired even if they bench warmers.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Naisby said:

I think we might have to take a big hit on him or hope a Arab side offers him mega bucks on the back of Cameroon winning Afcon and any player are therefore highly rated and desired even if they bench warmers.

He was completely anonymous when he came on today so I wouldn't hold your breath on someone coming in for him

2 minutes ago, Naisby said:

I think it’ll be too late if we have to wait until they are out. They won their group today and aren’t in action again until the 24th where they are up against a third place team so could well progress too. He also has to get back and potentially take a medical and sort a deal out. I think he’s here for the season but won’t play. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Borodane said:

I think it’ll be too late if we have to wait until they are out. They won their group today and aren’t in action again until the 24th where they are up against a third place team so could well progress too. He also has to get back and potentially take a medical and sort a deal out. I think he’s here for the season but won’t play. 

The Arab Window usually open longer than Europe’s iirc, maybe they will take a punt, but I fear he will be here until he is happy to leave. As he on loan we would have to get his original club to take him back and I think they view him as we do.

1 hour ago, MMC said:

It's that League 1 money, has to be, no way he'd turn down the mighty hoops unless it was greed related. Messi only signed for PSG for an extra fiver in his pay packet or he'd have been there, mark my words.

Little Leo was brought up on videos of Celtic's triumphs over Ross County and St Johnstone and he dreamed of being the next Paul McStay.

8 hours ago, scotty189 said:

Sad times, football is steadily losing its tradition

You have to remember that clubs did not use subs in the not too far past therefore 1 to 11 was the only numbering system needed.

That changed of course when subs introduced but I would imagine not many players wanted a No 13 shirt

2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

You have to remember that clubs did not use subs in the not too far past therefore 1 to 11 was the only numbering system needed.

That changed of course when subs introduced but I would imagine not many players wanted a No 13 shirt

Even when they first used subs, the 1st 11 would be numbered 1 to 11. 
Less traditional numbers only came in when the Premier League decided to add players names to the back of shirts in 1994 so squad numbers were introduced. 

The American soccer league (NASL) started it all in the 70’s to make the game more appealing to those with little soccer knowledge, so they are probably to blame. 

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Even when they first used subs, the 1st 11 would be numbered 1 to 11. 
Less traditional numbers only came in when the Premier League decided to add players names to the back of shirts in 1994 so squad numbers were introduced. 

The American soccer league (NASL) started it all in the 70’s to make the game more appealing to those with little soccer knowledge, so they are probably to blame. 

I have no doubt this was purely for commercial license to make money for shirt sales. 

1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

I have no doubt this was purely for commercial license to make money for shirt sales. 

That was probably another factor although in the UK teams used to sell plenty of shirts without names on the back, I’m sure they still do. I suppose they were following the American football model of big squad numbers and names on shirts. 

Edited by BillyWoofs_shinpad
3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Jordon Ibe has gone to a club in Turkish second tier. What a nosedive that career has taken. Feel a bit sorry for the lad because clearly not all is well.

His circle of mates were big trouble. He had to move further north to get away from it all. 

Just reminiscing about the game and one thing that comes to mind is why are footballers today poor headers of the ball? Now it may be my perception but I have seen goals scored off the shoulder and back of the head but I can’t think of one directed or bullet header. Of course the game has changed from the lofted cross but still balls are aimlessly pumped into the box but where are the brave players that want to attack the ball. Do players practice the drill any more or is it old school? 

3 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Just reminiscing about the game and one thing that comes to mind is why are footballers today poor headers of the ball? Now it may be my perception but I have seen goals scored off the shoulder and back of the head but I can’t think of one directed or bullet header. Of course the game has changed from the lofted cross but still balls are aimlessly pumped into the box but where are the brave players that want to attack the ball. Do players practice the drill any more or is it old school? 

No offense intended but that seems an odd train of thought to draw from a game which saw 3 headed goals 🤣

• Haha 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic