oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

This Spence stuff is quite exciting like, isn't it? Shame it can't work out for him here but if we've got clubs in a bidding war, oof.

Still, £5m for Tav should be alright, eh?

It will come to late for this window but if he plays I wonder if Tav will get as rave reviews as Spence has if he does well on tv against Man Utd.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Get it done.

Selling Spence helps balance the books without impacting our team whatsoever.

Absolutely.

I mean uhhhhh... we should probably represent some form of defence here... oh please don't take our favourite player in the whole wide world! Not for £15m! You'll not take him for less than £50m!

🤞

8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

This Spence stuff is quite exciting like, isn't it? Shame it can't work out for him here but if we've got clubs in a bidding war, oof.

Still, £5m for Tav should be alright, eh?

I would like Tav to stay until at the least end of season. His work rate is second to none and he should develop under Chris. 

5 minutes ago, Naisby said:

I wonder if we haven’t agreed with Forest that they can keep Spence on Loan all season, but if we want to sell him then we will make sure that we  push the idea that the selling club loans him back to forest till the season ends.

I mean he couldn't play for a 3rd team this season anyway, so no matter what he'll be staying at Forest until the summer.

• Like 2
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Get it done.

Selling Spence helps balance the books without impacting our team whatsoever.

If it comes off, I wonder if those who sent him out on loan will feel shocked or vindicated.

imo football values are hard to judge, but one tv appearance seems to have tripled Spence’s value as I think if anyone had bid £5m we would have probably sold him.

Just now, Youngy228 said:

Is there not a way of agreeing a future sale now.  So all of the paperwork is legally done and the contract start date is 1st July for example.

Definitely. I'm pretty sure that's a feasible thing to do in any transfer. Liverpool did something like that with Naby Keita when taking him from RB Leipzig, agreed the deal the summer before he joined.

1 minute ago, Foogle said:

I mean he couldn't play for a 3rd team this season anyway, so no matter what he'll be staying at Forest until the summer.

Exactly but you never know if we got an offer from a club for him but couldn’t sell because we had legally given up our rights to do so as part of the deal with Forest. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Definitely. I'm pretty sure that's a feasible thing to do in any transfer. Liverpool did something like that with Naby Keita when taking him from RB Leipzig, agreed the deal the summer before he joined.

Was that a freedom of contract move though? You can do deals like that but not domestically I think.

Just now, Naisby said:

Was that a freedom of contract move though? You can do deals like that but not domestically I think.

Nope, it was a purchase. From his Wiki:

On 28 August 2017, a deal was struck for Keïta to join Liverpool on 1 July 2018 after the English club triggered his £48 million release clause in addition to paying an undisclosed premium.[13][14] There would be no premium (£48 million total) if Leipzig did not qualify for European football, £4.75 million (£52.75 million total) if they qualified for the Europa League and £11 million (£59 million total) if they finished in the Champions League spots.[15] Leipzig finished 6th in the Bundesliga, qualifying for the Europa League.

4 minutes ago, Naisby said:

They agreed a fee somewhere between his current release clause (higher) and the release clause that was set to trigger in the next window (lower) in order to jump ahead of other teams who would have been chasing him at the lower fee.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic