oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

At £5m we were at snap their hands off territory, truly unbelievable that there’s now a serious chance we get £15m for him.

That money for someone who doesn’t want to be here, the fans don’t really want here and we already have a much better player in his position 😂

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

This time next week we will be billionaires 

Better sell him before the weekend as Forest play Derby and they won’t hold back on tackles in that game.

Spurs coming in for Spence is not a certainty as they been heavily linked with Adama as well for that RWB role. 

Albeit the spurs link for Spence makes kore sense than the links to the other English clubs given the system Conte plays. 

Fingers crossed we sell this month because any sale covers our expenses for Jan plus a lot more.

12 minutes ago, Naisby said:

I didn't read the whole thing but isn't this about Bosman transfers? Because Bosmans are exclusively about the transfer of out-of-contract players and when they can be negotiated with by other clubs too, aren't they?

In that case, you would be right to say that, domestically, you have to wait for a player's contract to actually run out to sign them. Technically. But you can approach players based elsewhere within the final 6 months. That's perhaps a really simplistic interpretation but something along those lines.

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I didn't read the whole thing but isn't this about Bosman transfers? Because Bosmans are exclusively about the transfer of out-of-contract players and when they can be negotiated with by other clubs too, aren't they?

In that case, you would be right to say that, domestically, you have to wait for a player's contract to actually run out to sign them. Technically. But you can approach players based elsewhere within the final 6 months. That's perhaps a really simplistic interpretation but something along those lines.

It was interesting to read Scott talking about how we are talking with Bosmans already and have approached agents. The 6 month thing seems to be with the players and not their representatives which kind of defeats the object

12 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

It’s an odd area, I remember reading an article over Christmas which said players out of contract were free to sign them come the new window, then without explain further they said but only to foreign clubs not domestic ones. I wonder if it’s in the wording and honouring for domestic ones.

you cannot sign them, but you can talk and agree them and shake on them but they not legal or binding, whereas to foreign clubs you can do all that and sign a legally binding contract too.

5 minutes ago, Naisby said:

It’s an odd area, I remember reading an article over Christmas which said players out of contract were free to sign them come the new window, then without explain further they said but only to foreign clubs not domestic ones. I wonder if it’s in the wording and honouring for domestic ones.

you cannot sign them, but you can talk and agree them and shake on them but they not legal or binding, whereas to foreign clubs you can do all that and sign a legally binding contract too.

I am speaking from memory here, so could be flawed, but I think domestically I don't think you can start speaking to out of contract players until 3 months before expiry of the contract.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

I am speaking from memory here, so could be flawed, but I think domestically I don't think you can start speaking to out of contract players until 3 months before expiry of the contract.

Your probably right, I just knew that you could do one thing with foreign clubs but couldn’t do with domestic ones. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Will said:

Could equally go in the match day thread, but given the chat about Tav in here yesterday I thought I'd pop it in here. I think the thing the surprises/impresses me most in these highlights is the huge variety of positions Tav shows for and gets the ball in. 

If this was a player we were scouting, would say he has plenty of potential, suits Wilder's style and only 22! 

• Like 5

I’ve been critical of Tav’s end product in his recent form but Saturday was 100% one of his best games recently, it’s easy to forget he’s still only 22 because of how many games he’s played for us 

1 minute ago, ph. said:

If this was a player we were scouting, would say he has plenty of potential, suits Wilder's style and only 22! 

I agree, but would we buy him, I think we would put him on the watch list but buy someone else. I don’t knock him as a player in anyway except his consistency.

The way he has gone out and done the vastly different roles asked of him by various managers is something lots of players couldn’t and wouldn’t do. I just think that because he has been willing to do this he now doesn’t know at the critical time what’s expected of him so often rushes things or takes too long.

A good solid run in the first team doing a clear role is what he needs to brush these indecisive thoughts away, I suggested going out on loan yesterday for him as I think for the rest of this season he might not be getting that consistency of games or position here, not that he should be sold or wasn’t good enough.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Naisby said:

He must not have been on our list now, it’s clear we have players we want and if they available we go for them. In the past at this point in the window we would be hoping to get our 2nd choice target and be looking at the 5th or 6th. What a difference professionalism brings.

I totally agree with you there, it's great we are getting our targets in early rather than faffing and going with the 5th player on the list just for the sake of filling squad numbers.

Just odd from a Swansea point of view because they supposedly wanted £2.5million for him from us in the Summer, to then let him go on a supposed free to Cov a few months later. I know he was going to be a free agent in the Summer so maybe it was just about getting a big wage earner off the books.

Cov fans are estatic though.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic