oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

While we have many saleable assets that we might be tempted to cash in on for a good fee, especially considering our early January transfers and continuing need to readjust our strength in depth, there's only Spence that I can see a lot of logic in us cashing in on now - instead of hoping for more in the summer. We've already got a better RWB in Jones, he'd raise a fortune, seems determined to not have a future here and we'd be in a weaker position when he's entering the final 12 months of his contract, so I hope we sell him now. Considering the number of big clubs after him, we could even get a bidding war going now. Plus it could remove any pressure to sell other players like Tavernier or Fry. The decision to loan him out last summer was fantastic as his market value has now sky rocketed.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Just now, CambridgeBoro said:

I totally agree with you there, it's great we are getting our targets in early rather than faffing and going with the 5th player on the list just for the sake of filling squad numbers.

Just odd from a Swansea point of view because they supposedly wanted £2.5million for him from us in the Summer, to then let him go on a supposed free to Cov a few months later. I know he was going to be a free agent in the Summer so maybe it was just about getting a big wage earner off the books.

Cov fans are estatic though.

That’s very odd, even dropping a £1m in value from the summer Swansea have let a player go and lost money. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Naisby said:

A good solid run in the first team doing a clear role is what he needs to brush these indecisive thoughts away, I suggested going out on loan yesterday for him as I think for the rest of this season he might not be getting that consistency of games or position here, not that he should be sold or wasn’t good enough.

This is exactly what he is currently getting under Wilder. I obviously couldn't say for certain but I'm pretty confident Wilder won't even be thinking about dropping him, he is the most important of our 3 midfielders to the way that Wilder wants to play.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Will said:

This is exactly what he is currently getting under Wilder. I obviously couldn't say for certain but I'm pretty confident Wilder won't even be thinking about dropping him, he is the most important of our 3 midfielders to the way that Wilder wants to play.

I think with the options we have midfield is going to be an area like up front where we constantly chopping and changing lineups before and during matches. I can see your argument about Tav, I just think he plays regularly because we haven’t had options. I hope if he does play regularly he starts to be consistent and gets confidence in himself.

16 minutes ago, Juninho10 said:

Imagine getting £15m for spence, it would feel like promotion.

Imagine the quality of Keepers we could get for that. A good solid dependable keeper is what we have lacked since Schwarzer left, other keepers like that have come and gone and shown us what a keeper brings. Sadly it’s too long since we have had a keeper like that let alone two who can compete.

9 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

£18m will more than do me lol

(Just so we're clear, there's absolutely no way Spence is worth even half of that.)

What someone will pay is the value, if we got anything like that for a player with the appearances and quality of Spence, then trying to value any player becomes almost impossible imo.

• Like 1
Just now, bmt said:

I hope wilder pulls Dean Henderson for a chat post the Man Utd game after we win on pens 🖊 

That will be too late. The window will have closed before that game

6 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

them tav highlights from the reading game. show just how much better he is now hes being coached properly. well done tav and wilder and his coaches. 

You mean lurching from Monk to Pulis to Woody to Warnock wasn't optimal for developing a young attacking player!? It's a miracle he even still likes football after being coached by that clown car of managers. 

Will be exciting to see how all of our young players continue to improve this season - we definitely haven't seen the full potential of Jones, Tav, Fry Dijskteel, Bola etc yet. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I find it hard to believe that article about Spence is accurate. Yesterday Spence was worth 10m and we were trying to figure out where that number came from. Now we're asking for 15m!!!. Who in the organization did this reporter talk too? Haha. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic