oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

3 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

Sounds like the other way around, there will need to be a settlement before any takeover of Derby. 

Oh I read it as in there is a settlement to be paid but whoever takes over will need to take that into the costs/debt

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Oh I read it as in there is a settlement to be paid but whoever takes over will need to take that into the costs/debt

Ive read it that way as well. Either way whether its a payment before or if the payment is added to the debt of the club, a "settlement" sounds like it needs to happen before a buyer will place a bid. 

8 hours ago, Downsouth said:

You have to remember that clubs did not use subs in the not too far past therefore 1 to 11 was the only numbering system needed.

That changed of course when subs introduced but I would imagine not many players wanted a No 13 shirt

Squad Numbers were introduced in the 90s (Premier League?) while substitutes were introduced in the 60s - so I doubt it was anything to do with that.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dynamo Kev said:

them tav highlights from the reading game. show just how much better he is now hes being coached properly. well done tav and wilder and his coaches. 

Also shows what a difference it makes when there's always an easy pass on. Under the Warnock system, there was never a teammate in space nearby. With Wilder, there's usually a nice triangle and enough teammates occupying the opposition so you don't always have to try something risky. 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Ideal scenario…. Cooper goes to Everton and buys Spence for 20million. Forests form drops.

7007FFFF-EFDC-4F28-B6B6-B50AF0FD4DD2.jpeg

Everton just paid £12m for a RB from Rangers.

• Wow 1
On 1/16/2022 at 7:53 PM, Neverbefore said:

As much as I like Spence and wish he could be part of what we're doing here, I think we should cash in asap because he clearly doesn't want to be here. Rest of January should be about getting the best deal we can possibly get. 

It's just sad to me, I think we've missed out on a player who could have gone on to be a Boro legend had the manager and fans treated him a little better. Hes obviously not free of guilt but who would want to put in a load of effort for a manager who doesn't want him and a fan base who threw a 19 year old under the bus week after week?

I for one will wish him well wherever he goes and hope he fulfils his potential.

Just on Spence. I think @Neverbefore summed it up well.

He's a player with potential and it would be very interesting to see how he'd do in a Wilder team. As others have said it feels like he could go to the top or he could plummet to a level below where we are. In an ideal world we'd keep him and see where he ended up. 

But we don't live in an ideal world and we are under certain financial constraints;

Firstly the fact Spence isn't at the club, so his sale wouldn't affect the current team's performance weights in the favour of selling him. That coupled with the absolute revelation that is Jones on the right-hand side really does lessen any need for us to retain him.

Another factor in my opinion, is I've always thought we've been guilty on "not selling at the right time" with some of our players. Either from a financial view point (in terms of value), or from a footballing view point. The potential sale of Spence for anything on or above £10m, for me would be very good value. 

If that £10m from Spence then allows us to keep the likes of Fry, Tav and Jones for another season or two, I think that is a risk worth taking. If he goes to the very top fair play, but I'd be happy in the knowledge that his sale at the time represented good value.

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
Spelling
  • Like 9

We're trying to become a sustainable club with buying players at a low cost plus focusing on our youth players and then selling for a decent fee, if we do that with Spence hopefully he becomes the first of what will be a very successful business model for us moving forward 

• Like 4
36 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Just on Spence. I think @Neverbefore summed it up well.

He's a player with potential and it would be very interesting to see how he'd do in a Wilder team. As others have said it feels like he could go to the top or he could plummet to a level below where we are. In an ideal world we'd keep him and see where he ended up. 

But we don't live in an ideal world and we are under certain financial constraints;

Firstly the fact Spence isn't at the club, so his sale wouldn't affect the current team's performance weights in the favour of selling him. That coupled with the absolute revelation that is Jones on the right-hand side really does lessen any need for us to retain him.

Another factor in my opinion, is I've always thought we've been guilty on "not selling at the right time" with some of our players. Either from a financial view point (in terms of value), or from a footballing view point. The potential sale of Spence for anything on or above £10m, for me would be very good value. 

If that £10m from Spence then allows us to keep the likes of Fry, Tav and Jones for another season or two, I think that is a risk worth taking. If he goes to the very top fair play, but I'd be happy in the knowledge that his sale at the time represented good value.

Well it’s not often to read a post that makes common sense. Bravo 👏 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic