oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

18 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

We all know that we need more incoming, but outgoings have to happen first. This is the sort of pulp article all papers write for their local clubs.

At least now at this stage of the window, you don’t feel the club and manager are going round all the football markets and carboots, trying to flog players, deciding is it time to go, Buy Uche get a Hall free.

Thank goodness we now have professional departments that do this and leave the manager to manage, and local papers to print filler articles, instead of 10 days to go and still no incomings/outgoings etc

• Like 3
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

14 hours ago, macapes said:

Real shame Warnock didn't get to sign up more players that we'd now be trying to get rid of.

1 hour ago, macapes said:

Cherry pick much?  Crooks has been decent, Watmore has had moments but is not consistent enough.

Off the top of my head - Akpom, Hall, Morsy, Bettenelli, Lumley, Daniels, Olusanya, Ameobi, Archer, Mendez Laing.  I'll even add Bamba and Peltier as we should never sign 35 year old defenders.

Akpom already out on loan

Hall already signed before Warnock joined the club

Morsy no longer at the club 

Bettenelli no longer at the club

Lumley/Daniels our 1st and 2nd choice keepers so we are not looking to get rid of

Olusanya U23 player

Archer no longer at the club

Mendez Laing no longer at the club

so only Ameobi from that list of players we would be looking to get rid of

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, ABH said:

Lumley/Daniels our 1st and 2nd choice keepers so we are not looking to get rid of

Olusanya U23 player

I've heard this said before but it's simply not true -

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grant-hall-massive-middlesbrough--18728923

In any case, the fact that so many players were signed for him and lasted a year or less is proof enough of how poor he was in the transfer market. Out of entire preferred back 5, none of them were signed under Warnock. Our midfield 3, one of them was. Our front 2, sporar was but clearly not his decision that one. 

He's only been gone a couple of months and only 2 first choice outfielders were signed under him, one of which was nothing to do with him. He signed over 20 players in his time at the club. It's absolutely shocking. 

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I've heard this said before but it's simply not true -

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grant-hall-massive-middlesbrough--18728923

In any case, the fact that so many players were signed for him and lasted a year or less is proof enough of how poor he was in the transfer market. Out of entire preferred back 5, none of them were signed under Warnock. Our midfield 3, one of them was. Our front 2, sporar was but clearly not his decision that one. 

He's only been gone a couple of months and one 2 outfielders were signed under him. He signed over 20 players in his time at the club. It's absolutely shocking. 

Just remember it been said the deal for hall was already in place under woodgate. 

4 minutes ago, ABH said:

Just remember it been said the deal for hall was already in place under woodgate. 

Yeah I remember reading that but never seeing anything to support it, I think it might have came from an itk, but the interviews with both hall and warnock indicate that he signed him

• Like 1

Dont see the issue with the Warnock signings. All were short term signings at low fee for that reason… Warnock was only here short term and that was always the plan. We signed minimum we could to help him do what he needed to do and didn’t sign anyone on big money or for big fee that we couldn’t shift or let contract run down after he left. He already commented on the fact we wouldn’t sign some players that he wanted and this tells me that the bigger picture was still planned for while he was here and we were holding back for the long term (Wilder). At the end of the season the likes of Bamba, Peltier I would assume will leave or go behind the scenes. One of Daniel’s and Lumley may go but cost nothing so can sell at a low fee. Ameobi was signed for free so even letting him go we only loose his wages paid out. You can see the plan was to not spend silly amounts under Warnock. There’s only really Payero which was obviously not his pick.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Dont see the issue with the Warnock signings. All were short term signings at low fee for that reason… Warnock was only here short term and that was always the plan. We signed minimum we could to help him do what he needed to do and didn’t sign anyone on big money or for big fee that we couldn’t shift or let contract run down after he left. He already commented on the fact we wouldn’t sign some players that he wanted and this tells me that the bigger picture was still planned for while he was here and we were holding back for the long term (Wilder). At the end of the season the likes of Bamba, Peltier I would assume will leave or go behind the scenes. One of Daniel’s and Lumley may go but cost nothing so can sell at a low fee. Ameobi was signed for free so even letting him go we only loose his wages paid out. You can see the plan was to not spend silly amounts under Warnock. There’s only really Payero which was obviously not his pick.

I’d like to see Bamba stay and work with the U23 like he was originally brought in to do. A lot of teams are starting to bring experienced pros in to work and play with the U23 and Bamba would be ideal for that 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Warnock said it in a press conference.

Probably saw him in training and got a case of the slopey shoulders just like he did with every other *** player he signed

• Haha 1

Warnock signed off the Hall deal even if the ground work had been done before. If Warnock had said no I dont want him he would not be here. He is a Warnock signing.

Credit to Warnock for Crooks and Watmore as they been excellent. And for turning Paddy in to a CB. Fisher at 300k I take no issue with as he will be a able deputy next season. Bamba and Peltier also been good signings.

The big mistake for Warnock for me are. 1. Never addressing the GK situation properly despite having several attempts. And 2. The signing of Chuba and then disregarding him.

but all in all. Warnock deserves a lot of credit. He did well for us even if towards the end he began to become very annoying.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, ABH said:

Olusanya U23 player

So it's a good thing he didn't sign any more players then, right?  Because we've got rid of loads of them.

Lumley/Daniels are only 1st/2nd because we haven't signed someone better. They are both bang average.

I mean, this is literally my point. We've already got rid, or want to replace, most of his signings. It's a bonus he didn't get to spend more money on gash we'd have for less than 12 months.

Oh, and Olusanya is 24 - he's older than Tav, older than Jones, same age as Fry.  Being in the u23s is a problem.

Edited by macapes
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic