oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

hmm, there was a notable edit after CW's joke about Coburn being the team captain, and that you don't loan your captain out.

Possibly something being held back for tomorrows papers?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

I still have it in my head that we're after a goalkeeper, but as I said previously, I think it'll be at the 11th hour, and it'll be a loan. I don't know who, but it does feel like the obvious weak link in the team now.

Dom Shaw made a good point on the Gazette podcast that publicly courting a goalkeeper is a dangerous game, because if it doesn't come off, you're left with a player (Lumley in this case) starting but knowing that he isn't really fancied, and that could harm his motivation. So I think it'll only happen if we're 100% sure we can get the player in, which is why I think it'll be late this week.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Tom said:

I still have it in my head that we're after a goalkeeper, but as I said previously, I think it'll be at the 11th hour, and it'll be a loan. I don't know who, but it does feel like the obvious weak link in the team now.

Dom Shaw made a good point on the Gazette podcast that publicly courting a goalkeeper is a dangerous game, because if it doesn't come off, you're left with a player (Lumley in this case) starting but knowing that he isn't really fancied, and that could harm his motivation. So I think it'll only happen if we're 100% sure we can get the player in, which is why I think it'll be late this week.

Logical, who realistically would people want Darlow from the Geordie's be a good shout, or just imagine hart from Celtic ha

• Like 1

A solid experienced goalkeeper at this level or above, who is looking for a club to become the established No1 but is happy to compete with younger lads to the betterment of all.

i have no idea of any names that would fill the bill, I just know what I want. Examples of the type of keeper I want are Stephen Pears, Mark Schwartzer, Mark Crossley. 

4 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

https://madeinfoot.ouest-france.fr/infos/article-mercato-rennes-james-lea-siliki-revient-pour-repartir-ij-366541.html

RMC Sport reporting Siliki set to return to Rennes and then leave, presumably permanently?

Good scoop, I'll not even pretend I'm bothered if it's true.

He's looked dreadful every time he's played and it frees up a spot.

22 minutes ago, Naisby said:

A solid experienced goalkeeper at this level or above, who is looking for a club to become the established No1 but is happy to compete with younger lads to the betterment of all.

i have no idea of any names that would fill the bill, I just know what I want. Examples of the type of keeper I want are Stephen Pears, Mark Schwartzer, Mark Crossley. 

Looking at who Wilder signed at Sheff Utd nearly all of the keepers were 22/23. Only really Fodringham that was older. 

as a common trait it looks like they nearly all played for England u21’s.

5 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Looking at who Wilder signed at Sheff Utd nearly all of the keepers were 22/23. Only really Fodringham that was older. 

as a common trait it looks like they nearly all played for England u21’s.

I'd be having a look at getting in Louie Moulden from Wolves on loan til end of the season. He's in the England under 20s squad

6 minutes ago, T-CIDER said:

I'd be having a look at getting in Louie Moulden from Wolves on loan til end of the season. He's in the England under 20s squad

Might as well just try Bryn then. If we sign a keeper I’d want it to be someone with a bit of experience. 

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, T-CIDER said:

I am not fully convinced we will make a move for a keeper. Lumley has 9 cleans sheets in 20 concedes every 130 minutes. It’s not world beating but it’s above average for this division. The issue is you know he will cost us a few points.

I think Woodman. Fits the criteria, out of favour and with experience- even if with mixed reviews.

Not linked to us but Jaros at Liverpool is one to watch. 

12 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Might as well just try Bryn then. If we sign a keeper I’d want it to be someone with a bit of experience. 

Hopefully, Brynn is being drilled in what Wilder wants in a keeper for next season.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Been a while since Lumley sha* the bed to be fair. Although we were saying that right before he single handedly lost a game... 

nearly a month since that Mansfield game!

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Lumley has 9 cleans sheets in 20 concedes every 130 minutes. It’s not world beating but it’s above average for this division

Only because he has a good defence in front of him. Any half decent shot on target, I'm expecting him to concede

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic