oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

Wilder in his presser said he wants to work with 23/24 players with 3 GKs. This suggests he wants 2 players for each of the 10 outfield positions. 

I dont think we had proper cover in each position with the right balance since Karanka promotion season when the balance and back up were both very good. However, i think we are well on the way to having it under Wilder too.

Lumley

Dijk Fry Paddy

Jones Crooks Howson Tav Bola

Sporar Balogun

BACK UP

Daniels

Hall Bamba Wood

Peltier Payero Boyd-Munce McGree Taylor

Watmore Connolly

Brynn and Coburn being players 23 and 24.

Uche, Browne and La Saliki on way out. Then I think any new incomings depends on one of the GKs and Hall most likely leaving. 

Then I think we are set for the season.

Edited by TLF10
  • Like 2
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Wilder in his presser said he wants to work with 23/24 players with 3 GKs. This suggests he wants 2 players for each of the 10 outfield positions. 

I dont think we had proper cover in each position with the right balance since Karanka promotion season when the balance and back up were both very good. However, i think we are well on the way to having it under Wilder too.

Lumley

Dijk Fry Paddy

Sporar Balogun

BACK UP

Daniels

Hall Bamba Wood

Peltier Payero Boyd-Munce McGree Bola

Watmore Connolly

Uche, Browne and La Saliki on way out. Then I think any new incomings depends on one of the GKs and Hall most likely leaving. 

Presume you mean Taylor at LWB in one of those set ups @TLF10

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Lumley

Dijk Fry Paddy

Sporar Balogun

BACK UP

Daniels

Hall Bamba Wood

Peltier Payero Boyd-Munce McGree Bola

Watmore Connolly

That can’t be right. I recall the uproar on here at the thought of 6 CB’s

46 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

When?  I would have thought that most of our squads have around 6 central defenders in them?

Go back and read through. Some else mentioned it and people reacted like it was the most stupid thing ever said.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Borodane said:
2 hours ago, T-CIDER said:

I'd be having a look at getting in Louie Moulden from Wolves on loan til end of the season. He's in the England under 20s squad

Might as well just try Bryn then. If we sign a keeper I’d want it to be someone with a bit of experience. 

Yes, I agree. While obviously the talk of Dean Henderson was far-fetched, someone in that same mould would presumably be what Wilder is looking at - highly rated, experienced, but second or third choice at their current club. Freddie Woodman wouldn't surprise me at all.

7 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Go back and read through. Some else mentioned it and people reacted like it was the most stupid thing ever said.

Yeah, back a while ago I wrote

On 12/10/2021 at 11:56 AM, Bruce said:

We need 6 centre backs to play this formation

Dijksteel. Injury prone. Inexperienced as a centre back. Can play RCB only

Fry. Can play CB or back up RCB

Bamba. Ideal back up CB

McNair. Ideal RCB. Back up LCB

Hall. Injury prone. Back up CB

Wood. Potential but not clear if he will make it. Very inexperienced. Probably only RCB

Lee Peltier. Back up RCB. Emergency back up LCB

Given that we don't have a natural LCB and it is unclear whether Wood is good enough to get on the pitch then I can certainly see Hall being offered out to make room for a left footer. Wilder has praised Peltier so I think he'll hold onto him. I think Hall has been decent for us; Warnock's system can easily make defenders look exposed for pace while Hall would probably be just fine in Wilder's more structured system. Thing is that Bamba has been so awesome that it is probably safe to let Hall go if a buyer can be found.

Wilder's SOP is to have two players for each outfield spot with others who can flex and cover a few spots in an emergency. We currently have 7 first team centre backs on the books with Hall and Wood being the obvious weak links and no natural left-footer.

8 hours ago, Tom said:

Yes, I agree. While obviously the talk of Dean Henderson was far-fetched, someone in that same mould would presumably be what Wilder is looking at - highly rated, experienced, but second or third choice at their current club. Freddie Woodman wouldn't surprise me at all.

That would be a mistake. Woodman wasn't very good at swansea despite the stats

I'm still convinced we only signed Lumley because he made a couple of good saves against us and Warnock was like: "Ay he's right good him. We'd be promoted easy if we had a lad like him, d'ya get me?" 

A PL loan does seem the way for this window at least. Must be a better keeper than ours somewhere wanting a bit of game time. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I'm still convinced we only signed Lumley because he made a couple of good saves against us and Warnock was like: "Ay he's right good him. We'd be promoted easy if we had a lad like him, d'ya get me?" 

A PL loan does seem the way for this window at least. Must be a better keeper than ours somewhere wanting a bit of game time. 

Anyone in mind?  

I've had a look through PL squads and I can't really see a name that stands out that would be a realistic move

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic