oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

Goalkeeper situation is a tough one as desperate as we probably are a Loan is the only thing we can do really, wouldn't be shocked if we did try to see it out this season. I really like the looks of Baxter at Hull, think Samba at Forest would do a great job as well but obviously both of those are extremely unlikely at least without promotion or a summer window.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

When in form and playing in the right formation Onel would be a contender to start in any championship team.  I think for his sake, it was right to let him move on as he didn't fit our system.  He would have been a nice player to have on the bench as he offered something different but I did worry that he didn't always have the end product and held on to the ball a little too much.  

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

How many loan players do we have at the moment? I make it 4 

Hernandez has gone, so does that mean we have 1 loan spot left?(assuming they all make the squad).

We can have one more loan that makes the match day squad, yes 🙂

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

We can have one more loan that makes the match day squad, yes 🙂

That’s what I thought but I couldn’t remember whether we’d signed both keepers on permanents or what Payero’s current status was. 
I guess if we offload JLS (a big if in my opinion) we can sign 2 loanees. 

• Like 1
Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

That’s what I thought but I couldn’t remember whether we’d signed both keepers on permanents or what Payero’s current status was. 
I guess if we offload JLS (a big if in my opinion) we can sign 2 loanees. 

There was an article published last night saying he was going back to his parent club and then leaving permanently. If I was a gambling man, off to the middle East would be a good option for him 

3 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

It should do, unless of course Celtic were wanting to sign him............................................................... 😉

• Haha 2

Sheffield Wednesday are a shambles of a club at the moment so it's little wonder Wing hasn't impressed. Wing needs a team set up to accommodate him and bring the best out of him. He had impressive performances last season at Rotherham and here under Pulis so we know what he's capable of in the right team. After Wing's spell at Rotherham last season, I'm sure there'll be a good few lower end Championship clubs seriously interested in him. However, him going back to Rotherham, who are in a battle for the automatic promotion spots in League One, might be the best way for us to put him in the shop window with regular first team football.

If Wilder wasn't looking for a better goalkeeper then he'd simply say as much instead of his current "responses to the media. The only barriers to this will be: who is available that's better than Lumley and can we afford them. Lumley is an average Championship goalkeeper so I think we'll be able to find better, and hopefully we can find the space in the budget.

On McGrath. I think we definitely need another body in midfield as I don't like us dragging McNair out of CB to cover for Howson, so that would really resolve that concern.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Bye bye Martin 👋

Looking that way. Shocking he cant get on the pitch.

We are going to do ourselves over by not signing a Lwb aswell. We have literally no threat if Jones isn't in the game.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Looking that way. Shocking he cant get on the pitch.

We are going to do ourselves over by not signing a Lwb aswell. We have literally no threat if Jones isn't in the game.

I just hope whoever recommended him and JLS isn't the same person who recommended McGree 😬

• Wow 1
40 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Bye bye Martin 👋

Seems like it's going to happen at this rate.

I notice he's stopped putting up the fixtures with local and Argentine time on his Instagram.

Totally bizarre that he didn't come on tonight.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic