oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

2 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Feel sorry for Payero because he really doesn’t seem to have been given a chance, but neither of our last two managers have rated him so maybe they’re right?? 

Looks like the Head of Recruitment we had over summer (Payero, JLS and Sporar) maybe hasn’t uncovered the gems we were hoping for. Is this why he’s already been replaced with that guy from Swansea (was it?) 

Andy Scott went to Nottingham Forest instead.

• Wow 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Andy Scott went to Nottingham Forest instead.

I didn’t realise that! Thanks. So still the same recruitment team? I think @Lurkersaid the guy we had in place was very well regarded and had been with us a season or so? Seems strange to replace him so soon 

17 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I didn’t realise that! Thanks. So still the same recruitment team? I think @Lurkersaid the guy we had in place was very well regarded and had been with us a season or so? Seems strange to replace him so soon 

If I recall Lurker was talking about the analysis at the club. This Scott was coming in as head of recruitment to work under the other Scott.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, BelgianBoro said:

In case this interest anyone following the Grant discussions, don’t know if the figures are correct but it makes sense:

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-championship/middlesbrough/

Maybe accurate or maybe not.  Using these figures - top 3 overpaid?  top 3 underpaid?

I'd say despite his pay cut Howson is overpaid, Hall is overpaid, Siliki due to not getting anywhere near first team (I know Payero doesn't but he at least retains some value in resale)

Underpaid - Fry, Tav and Jones

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, BelgianBoro said:

In case this interest anyone following the Grant discussions, don’t know if the figures are correct but it makes sense:

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-championship/middlesbrough/

It doesn't include any January signings but noteworthy that of the top 11 earners, only 5 are first team regulars and Hernandez has been moved on.

Isiah Jones is on urchin wages. 

5 minutes ago, Bruce said:

It doesn't include any January signings but noteworthy that of the top 11 earners, only 5 are first team regulars and Hernandez has been moved on.

Isiah Jones is on urchin wages. 

He’s just signed a new contract though, hasn’t he?

8 hours ago, Skinemrippers said:

Crooks would need to move to Howson’s spot for Payero to get a game I think. He did well there under Warnock for a couple of games but he’s in such good form with Jones on the right I don’t think it will happen. 

Hasn't crooks said he prefers to play the defensive position as well? If you put mcgree at LWB and payero at RM and crooks as DM wouldnt that sound like your most dynamic midfield? All round pegs in round holes

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

Hasn't crooks said he prefers to play the defensive position as well? If you put mcgree at LWB and payero at RM and crooks as DM wouldnt that sound like your most dynamic midfield? All round pegs in round holes

Why move Crooks when him and Jones are the only good thing in attack?

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Brisbrough said:

I think the one caveat to the McGree/Payero conversation is who is replaced.  McGree for Tav I think is the obvious sub, left foot for left foot, but if it's McGree for Crooks then that speaks volumes about Payero and his future

Hope he still has a future here, I think last night he just wanted strikers on rather than midfielders

9 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Why move Crooks when him and Jones are the only good thing in attack?

Jones x Payero might be even better? Might as well give it a go and if its not working it can be fixed by one sub

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic