oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

56 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I don't see a team of undroppable players, put it that way, but again I might be in a minority on this.

I agree with this, and think it's is an important point. I don't think any one player has absolutely stunk the place out since Wilder came in, but conversely, I'd argue that only 4 players can say they've done enough to start every week, and that's Fry, McNair and Dijksteel at the back, and obviously Jones. Those four would rightly be disappointed if they were dropped.

For me, there's an argument for any of the rest to come out of the side. Howson and Tavernier have both been a bit better under Wilder, but, especially if we get Hendrick, we have capable players to come in for both.

As I say, I don't think anyone else has been dreadful (an argument for Connelly, but I'm giving him the benefit of lack of match fitness), but equally, none of the rest should consider themselves undroppable.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, kentucky said:

Wilder got fired because of his poor recruitment at Sheff U, he also overspent on some.

My concern is what is he up to now , the dressing room was tight, now ?, Is Connolly better than Whatmore ? We need a Howson replacement , and midfield strengthening , we should have beaten Blackburn, but Crooks showed his flaws again  , Sporer at times should be subbed or benched, why sell Uche , he's an option ,

I see lots of prem games and we are miles away from that level , yesterday we went back to normal , we played like a Gary Monk team, gaps all over, players lost, I sound negative but high  standards must be the priority

Wilder got fired because they have an idiot owner. That's the story there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Neverbefore said:

Have we just been scouting the Irish national team this season?

With Covid going on I wasn’t able to go scouting anywhere else 🤷‍♂️

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

It would be another loan though, which would take us to the matchday squad limit unless we can find somebody to take JLS or we just leave him out of the squad.

So that would probably be all our business done.

I'd still be happy with it if he proved to be decent.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

It would be another loan though, which would take us to the matchday squad limit unless we can find somebody to take JLS or we just leave him out of the squad.

So that would probably be all our business done.

I'd still be happy with it if he proved to be decent.

You can have many loan players as you want but only 5 in match day squad. JLS is not making any match day squad even if he stays.

12 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

You can have many loan players as you want but only 5 in match day squad. JLS is not making any match day squad even if he stays.

It depends on what those clauses for mandatory purchase are.

I don't see us just completely bombing him out with a third of the season left when he's presumably on good money.

15 minutes ago, Naisby said:

If we get this Irish goal keeper in on loan, hopefully it will go a long way to appease those fans who are disappointed in boro’s almost exclusive recruitment of UK players. 😅

Plenty of the players we've signed this season have been foreign as is.

Payero, Sporar, Hernandez, Connolly, McGree, Bamba, Siliki.

All born outside of the UK.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Naisby said:

If we get this Irish goal keeper in on loan, hopefully it will go a long way to appease those fans who are disappointed in boro’s almost exclusive recruitment of UK players. 😅

#Warnockout

#dinosaur

5 hours ago, Rishworthian said:

Guys just moving people around is like changing chairs on the Titanic.  We actually need the equivalent of a cycling team's "road captain" for those occasions like last night when our oodles of talent is being stifled

Isn't the player with the captain's armband supposed to do a similar role to a cycling road captain...? A road captain helps the team to implement agreed tactics and respond appropriately to developments in the race, keeps as much of an overview of what is happening as possible, makes decisions on tactics if radios to the team cars aren't working or if circumstances warrant it, supports less experienced riders in fulfilling their role, etc.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic