oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

9 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Sky bigging up Spence's assist last night.  Let's hope a big bid comes in for him this window.  Would be good to put that one to bed.

Can't see him going until the summer, £12-15m will help the summer spending.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think if this Hendrick thing is true then it would seem Wilder likes making sure he has the full 24-25 man squad available that he wants at all times, even if he's not going to use it.

A bit like my wife and Shoes and Handbags!

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, estonpidge said:

Can't see him going until the summer, £12-15m will help the summer spending.

Might be better if we sold him now while his stock is high. He can't play for anyone else so will have to remain on loan at Forest but with his head turned his form will likely dip as it did here when Mourinho loved him.

• Like 2
Just now, Redcar Rioja said:

Might be better if we sold him now while his stock is high. He can't play for anyone else so will have to remain on loan at Forest but with his head turned his form will likely dip as it did here when Mourinho loved him.

My thoughts exactly, but I can't see any team buying now unfortunately. If I were an interested club I'd wait till the end of the season, he might sustain a bad injury drop in form etc.

• Like 1

Yeah, as much as I hope we sell Spence in this window for good money, I don't think there's much chance of it happening.

The only benefit of a club buying him now is to ensure they're not beaten to signing him in the summer but there's not a huge clamour right now, and I don't think he's going to perform any better than he already is to increase his value further.

If anyone in the top flight wants him, they'll wait till the summer.

1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I would have thought going up to Dumfries watching him first hand would have made more sense than recalling him to watch him in training games at Rockliffe but that's probably just me.

He'll face a higher calibre of opposition in training

am I right in thinking Hendrick is a more defensive minded midfielder? cos in my opinion, we don't currently have a CM who's natural instincts are to protect the defence. The closest is Howson, but he's really more of a box-to-box guy.. so if Hendrick is going to fill that Mikel/Clayton role, then I can understand us going for it

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Youngy228 said:

5 days of the window to go.  Hoping for movement out today.  Got to think Browne, Ikpeazu, JLS and maybe Hall are likely to leave.  Clearly any incomings will hinge on players leaving so need to secure some moves away to give us time to rubber stamp any more incomings.

Strange really but with the way the Blackburn game panned out upon reflection that game would have suited Ikpeazu 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Strange really but with the way the Blackburn game panned out upon reflection that game would have suited Ikpeazu 

I'd rather keep Ikpeazu as something different til the end of the season and send Coburn out on loan

• Like 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic