oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Strange really but with the way the Blackburn game panned out upon reflection that game would have suited Ikpeazu 

Agree that Uche offers something different. We have 4 strikers who have similar attributes.  Uche offers a different approach to a game tactically.  Currently wilder just seems happy to bring more on rather than a total change in style.  In terms of wanting him gone, I know wilder does so was meaning that hopefully sooner than later so his wages/fee can be used in a position we are trying to strengthen

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, MikeyBoro said:

Portsmouth have just signed a new keeper

The article had Cowley saying there isnt a recall clause but further down it said you never know the way its gone for them this season. Weird contradiction on himself lol

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

The article had Cowley saying there isnt a recall clause but further down it said you never know the way its gone for them this season. Weird contradiction on himself lol

I think he’s just referencing that city can recall him but only if they have a keeper crisis. 

7 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Maybe not a recall but facing pressure to send him back.  You’d have to think if this was the case he was given assurances if starting for the team he was going to.

38 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Strange really but with the way the Blackburn game panned out upon reflection that game would have suited Ikpeazu 

Not for me. We weren't punting balls into the box really, even when Coburn came on (although of course that was only for a few minutes). Taylor wasn't able to get past his man, and Jones was cutting back and trying to find feet more than hoying it into the box. We needed a little bit more guile in midfield, rather than someone to lump it up to up front. Blackburn's centre backs would have had Ikpeazu's number. And I say this as someone who likes him in general.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, MikeyBoro said:

Portsmouth have just signed a new keeper

He 21 year old and from Palace, but never played for them. On loan last season at Dover. Probably signed him with a view to next season when Bazanu will have gone back to Man City.

15 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I think we missed an opportunity to be fair. Hope he does well. 

I cant honestly see what opportunity we missed? The lad has been here 2.5yrs and it hasn't worked out for him. Hope he does well but there are just too many players ahead of him here right now. Not to mention there is question marks as to whether he even good enough for a top half championship team.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic